What about .270 Winchester?

All of the270 Winchester Browning A Bolts and stainless stalkers have been incredible tack drivers, I re sprung the triggers with an ink pen spring getting 1.5-2.0 lb triggers. These A bolts shoot like a custom rifle in 270 Winchester!
I have a friend with one- can confirm.
Topped with a VX5 3-15x with CDS it'll consistently slam the 3" disc at 400 with cheap SuperX 150's prone off the roof of a Polaris Ranger.
That combo should not be as good as it is, but it's a jackpot.

The trusty old 270 is something you can't go wrong with unless you buy a cheap model
Brother- I have slayed DOZENS of deers with a very cheap Rem 783 that'll shoot just under 1MOA with CoreLokts- 3/4 with hand loaded Noslers. It's still my preferred sub200 yd hunting blind rifle.
It's hard to go wrong with a .270 at ANY price point if your imperative is to harvest deer sized animals at distances of <500 with some modest recoil. It just works.

My longest confirmed kill on a whitetail was 455 yards. I of course use the "Rifleman's rifle " Winchester 70 with CRF. I've used this cartridge for 40 plus years and why fix it if it's not broken? A little custom reloading gives it better results. My personal favorite is the Scirocco 130's when I can get them and Hornady 130 SST which are more available to me. It's far more capable than my advanced age eyes.
My longest one shot, bang flop, with the .270win was 605yds. 51gr H4350,, 150gr Nosler partitions, CCI200 primer, federal case. Thats been my go to round for all my white tail, black bear, wild pigs. It doesn't destroy the front end on close up shots either. The 130gr NP tore the fronts off of deer at less than 100yds, the 150's work just fine. I used a 6mm Rem in Model 7, using some flavor of factory loads with hornady bullets on an elk hunt. The elk went 20 yards from where it was hit. I was stuck with the guide's rifle when mine didn't make it from the airline. I love the scirocco's as well but they are scarce, The A-frames are excellent too.

270 anything is pretty much an inherently accurate round, similar to the MANY (LOL) 6.5's - not an apples to oranges debate. Both have credibility and incredible accuracy. The 270 win pretty much a solid performer. I've made that comment in the weatherby world that 270 wby maybe the most under rated caliber they manufacture today. Yes others get much more praise, the new generation is in love with something different and thats fine i like other things too. But 270 (anything) maybe one of the most versatile calibers in north america.

All of the270 Winchester Browning A Bolts and stainless stalkers have been incredible tack drivers, I re sprung the triggers with an ink pen spring getting 1.5-2.0 lb triggers. These A bolts shoot like a custom rifle in 270 Winchester!
Hi, I lightened up all of my stainless stalkers to approximately equal ❗️all 5 😁 375, 300, 7RM, 06' & 270. Absolutely luv em 🥰 Luv em same as the Weatherby's. 2 with boss, 300 & 270. The boss runs the same velocity as my other 270's (4)
Lightened them up as per YouTube video with no replacement parts.
Now if triggers were the same as the NewHaven Model 70's we would all 😁😄😀

Nuff said …

IMG_0666.jpeg

I shoot 130 scirocco's in my mark v and 150 a-frame in my ruger one both 270 wby's. Long range bear killers! LOL - i had some 110 ttsx wby rounds i'd killed a few whitetail with, the reaction on game was unreal.

Long live the king. That's how I feel about the .270 haha. It just works. Far more interesting to me than the .30-06 and just as emphatic a killer. If the 270 isn't enough gun for something neither is the .30-06…THERE I SAID IT 🤣 When both are loaded
To potential the 270 even with its 10 twist STOMPS the 6.5 creedmoor, and by the time those high bc 6.5 pills catch up let alone exceed the power of the 270 it's at a range where neither cartridge is a good choice for big game. It's embarrassing for the 7 rem mag how close the boring old .270 gets to it from a shorter barrel. Anything the .25-06 does the 270 does better (THERE I SAID IT! 🤣 - both are totally ridiculous for dedicated varmint or predator rounds and in my mind the .25-06 is forever the .25-almost Almost as in close to the .257 wby but not there yet haha. I know the same Is true about the 270 win and 270 wby but for some reason I don't care and that's mine to confess, I'm irrational!

I'm biased. It was my first rifle that was truly mine. And it performs so darn good. I often say it's a cartridge that doesn't know it's not a magnum.
Careful you will hurt feelers when stepping on the creedmoor! I personally don't own a 270 Winchester but like everything else in our wonderful lineup of calibers. It absolutely has stood the test of time.