.270 Winchester...

Response from Berger I received...

Hi*****,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. Yes, the rumors are true. We should be introducing our new .270 bullets within the next month or two. I do not know the BC on these bullets yet, but we will be making 130, 140, and 150 gr. VLD bullets in .270. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let me know. Have a great day!

Regards, Michelle ****
Marketing Coordinator
Berger Bullets

A few years ago I was in western Wyoming during antelope season. We were just passing thru on our way to Jackson and Yellowstone. I saw a large heard of antelope along the road and stopped to video them. While I was running the camera I heard a shot. I looked around but did not see anyone. The herd spooked except for one doe. She was obviously hit low in the body. Soon I heard a second shot and the doe went down.

I looked for the hunter but saw no one. I remembered passing a parked car down the road a ways so I looked in that direction. Soon a hunter got up in the sage and walked to the doe. He looked her over and then went back to his car. I turned around and went back to talk to him.

He had just shot that doe with a Remington 700 ADL synthetic stocked .280 Remington. He had a large tactical scope on it. He told me that he had his own range and practiced frequently. The distance was 732 yds. He said that he shot another doe the weekend before at over 700 yds. His buck was shot around 500 yds. I said that I was amazed that he hit the antelope at that distance. His reply was that the .280 was a good gun but his real long range rifle was the same gun in .270! The .270 can do it all.

I have shot a standard .270 Win enough to know that it will definately reach out and touch stuff. Even with the offerings we already have. I would however love to see something a bit heavier myself. Maybe the Bergers will stretch it out a bit more.

Hey Roy,

Iffin your blowin fire out tha side ports ya need to back off the powder a tad.:D:D

I do however know what you mean about them clearing brush or just about anything else that isn't nailed down.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.