Winchester XPR 270

Waynzee

Hi fellas, anybody have one of these XPR rifles in 270 or other calibers.There was a problem with the safety so I called the Rep. at Browning/Winchester and he said, "any rifle you buy new from a dealer has been recalled and the safety has been repaired". What do ya think ?

I played with one at Sportsman's Warehouse once and it didn't seem like a terrible rifle, definitely not the fit or finish of the new Winchesters but it wasn't terrible. the 270 is a great caliber though.

I played with one at Sportsman's Warehouse once and it didn't seem like a terrible rifle, definitely not the fit or finish of the new Winchesters but it wasn't terrible. the 270 is a great caliber though.

I agree! A friend purchased one last week at North 40. It came with a Nikon scope (not sure which model) and 3 mags out the door for $425. In addition, a $50 mail in rebate. Not too shabby for $375.

The local gun dealers around here don't stock the XPR so I would like to look at one before I buy. Looks like a trip about 2 hours south of here to Cabelas if I want to have a look at one, maybe I'll find something better and there is always something I need for hunting season anyway.
Thanks for the replys.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.