What a rush. First 1000 yard relay win.

pacowboy

Man what a rush to walk up to the board to see how you did, and you see for the first time, your name at the top of the sheet for your relay. I had the second smallest group of the day Saturday in the light gun at The Original Pennsylvania 1000 Yard Rifle Club. The Original Pennsylvania 1000 Yard Benchrest Club, Inc. The Birthplace of Long Range Shooting.

7.319" (10 Shots)

There is no doubt with our gun that we can do better. I had a great relay, as the wind calmed down for the first time all year in any of my relays. To have a relay win in only my 4th shoot ever is an amazing feeling and accomplishment. There are a ton of people I could thank for all their advice and help to get me here so fast.

Our rifle is a Sid Goodling built Remington 721 action with a Krieger 6.5 x 284 Win Barrel, jewel trigger, McMillian stock, Baush and Lomb scope. Berger 140gr bullet, 48.5gr H4350, Federal Gold Medal Match primers, Lapua cases.

Can't wait to start shooting ground hogs in the evenings and off weekends.

Congratulations. Quite an accomplishment and rightfully so you should be proud.

Will see what I can do to get some pics of the target. Also the score was only a 65. I adjusted to my last sighter (high left on the bull) and there must have been a wind change or something and I ended up hitting low right.

Now that I know I can get a single digit group I will work on getting it centered up better next time. Still learning a lot about the sport and how conditions effect everything. Have a few more tricks to try in the reloading aspect as well.

2 goals met this past weekend, a single digit group and a relay win. Now, continue the single digit groups and hopefully an overall shoot win. Then the ultimate goal...........A NEW WORLD RECORD. But one step at a time.

Well I'm jealous. I was there for the first heavy gun shoot of the year. It was interesting to watch. I like the all the information guys are willing to give up to help you get better. I would like to come up and try my hand at a light gun match. We'll see.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.