What 25 calibers are yall shooting?

I am currently shooting a .257/308 Norma mag . I neck down the .308 Norma Mag. to .25 cal. with RCBS dies and load 100 gr . bullets . I'm getting over 3,700 fps but backed it down to 3,500 fps 'cause I get better accuracy at this level. So far I've only taken one deer in Utah but it was a long shot and I was impressed . I tried 90 grainers once but accuracy was all over the place so I went back to 100 grs.

257 wby my varmit speed goat gun
IMG_1389.JPG

Old .257 Roberts with a Mauser Action...heavy as 3 guns...not for carrying up and down mountains...but a nail driver that works well in ground blinds equipped with a shooting bench to rest that 12 lb monster on ! One of my favorite rounds.

25-06AI is one of my favorite cartridges! In years past have taken everything from prairie dogs to coyotes to deer and even a couple elk!
I still have 2 custom 25/06AI even though they have become safe queens
I would have no issue grabbing one of them to hunt deer, antelope or sheep!

Considering building a .25 something once I'm done with my 6.5 build....
Are there any short actions that are easy to get brass for?
I know 25-06 is popular but I've seen several deer lost (I know probably the shooter) but still left a bad taste with me.

I have a Tika 25 06 and a custom heavy 26" barrel P17, 25 06. This shoots 120gr prohunters at 3200 fps and 75gr SST at 4000fps. I also have a Lee Enfield 303-25.

I still have my 257 Roberts AI that I built about 25 years ago. It was never a tac driver but fun to reload for and shoot. I always liked the lack of recoil. It was something I just fooled with. It didn't do anything a 25-06 couldn't do. Every reloader should have a wildcat to play with.

Considering building a .25 something once I'm done with my 6.5 build....
Are there any short actions that are easy to get brass for?
I know 25-06 is popular but I've seen several deer lost (I know probably the shooter) but still left a bad taste with me.
I can't let any thread on quarter bored go without extolling the 257 weatherby. Been shooting mine for around 20 years, taken hundreds of deer with it (here in UK) and a fair few long range foxes. I love it. It's just great fun to shoot.

Just picked up a semi-custom 257 Roberts Ackley Improved 40 degree. Built on a Rem 700 action, with McMillan stock. Former owner got sub-moa with both factory and AI. I cant wait to do some load development. This AI will allegedly approach 257WM with careful loads.

.257 STW is my favorite .257. Not much difference in performance between the STW and Weatherby, but the rifle is a true 1/4 MOA rifle and is a stone-cold killer.

I have a 257 Roberts, 25-06, and a
25 WSM . Love the quarter bore rifle. Nothing has ever gotten up from any of them!

I've been shooting a 25/06 for over 20 years and have had excellent luck with it on antelope,deer and coyotes. I recently had a 250AI built in a xp-100 pistol. I'm just starting to get it shooting,it's showing very good potential.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.