What 22LR is you favorite past 100yds?

Great question. I love shooting my Ruger 10/22 topped with a Nikon 3-9 BDC scope. I can use Nikon's Spot On program to dial in my BDC reticles to my desired distance.
I just had an opportunity to use Nikon's new ProStaff Rimfire BDC150 scope over 3 days of sooting and I was well as about 160 other guys were quite impressed. Now if I can just get my hands on one to put on my 10/22 I can really air it out.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/22ProStaffiPad.jpg

I use my Ruger Charger/Kidd barrel/PFI 3-9x Rapid Reticle for ranges to maybe 250. Here's my 250-yd. 2nd shot coke can chalenge that some guy on Snper's Hide put up a while ago--

IMG_1249.jpg

Here's the reticle pretty much dead on with mv's that fit the subtension parameters to 200 yds.--

IMG_1241.jpg

3-9x22LongRifleRapidReticle.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

I've got a winchester 52C with a tasco 8-32x with the 1/8 min. target dot reticle. Its a heavy rifle, but it will kill aspirin tablets and empty 22 brass at 100 yards. Its the most fun rifle I've got to target shoot with off a bench, got about a 12oz trigger.

I like to hunt with a winchester 75 target rifle or a remington 541T, I've shot a lot of stuff between 150 and 400 yards with both rifles. I almost always shoot remington subsonic hp's.

I like that scope with the marks out to 200 yards. I think I need one now.

I just barely started shooting my 22 at longer ranges. It's a Browning T-Bolt Target Varmint and while I was not super impressed with it's 50 yard accuracy when I bought it two years ago it recently shocked me when shooting squirrels. I had some squirrels playing around between the 150 and 200 yard mark and ran out of 22 mag shells so I pulled out the T-Bolt and just eyeballed a lot of holdover and about 3 feet of wind and first shot was just a little low. For the second shot I held a little higher and the CCI Stinger rolled him over, a second one appeared at the edge of the hole next to him and I hit him on the first shot. I couldn't believe it because they seemed so far away and I pulled out the rangefinder and they were 156.

Just then I spotted another one about 10 yards further and rocked his world too. I wish I had a better scope on it so i could click in elevation but kentucky windage sure was fun. I ended up shooting probably 15 squirrels over 150 yards with the next 40 shots and hit one that got away at 200 yards! Now I've got to find a scope that will let me do it with more precision than just aiming a few feet above their head.

This .22 Savage Mark II TR is a sweet heart to shoot.

We havent shot it for accuracy yet, but what I've seen so far out to 300 yards
has been very promising.

My 20 y/o son shot 60 rounds on our first outing, just to get the barrel going, and
was picking little white spots, little rocks etc and in some wind, shooting fast following my instructions and we both were impressed on what the little rifle was
doing. WE REALLY LIKE IT!

The scope on it is a loaner from another rifle.

22MKIITR.jpg

Crop Damage and others. U guys should check out the PFI Rapid REticle scopes. I was out yesterday with that little rig above and was hitting prairie dogs @ 220 very consistently using that optic/reticle. I was astonished to find 2 different loads were almost dead on the nose for stadia zeros out to 200 yds.

Without question that reticle helped me make the fast consistent shots beyond 100 yds.--

Scopes

There's a 20% sale on them now. I just bought another 1 yesterday for 250 shipped. Check out a2z Tactical and use coupon code # A2Z4PFI

It states that it is set for muzzle velocities between 1200-1300 fps. Kind of high for subsonics... I don't like to use high velocity because the accuracy drops off as they pass mach 1 and they are loud.gun)

Crop Damage and others. U guys should check out the PFI Rapid REticle scopes. I was out yesterday with that little rig above and was hitting prairie dogs @ 220 very consistently using that optic/reticle. I was astonished to find 2 different loads were almost dead on the nose for stadia zeros out to 200 yds.

Without question that reticle helped me make the fast consistent shots beyond 100 yds.--

Scopes

There's a 20% sale on them now. I just bought another 1 yesterday for 250 shipped. Check out a2z Tactical and use coupon code # A2Z4PFI

I spent at least an hour visiting those links... man I shouldn't have listened to you... :D Just joking! Very interesting. Thanks for the links! :)

I have a Savage TR roped with a Leopoldo Vx3 6.5x20ER.Consistant .5inch at 100 yards with Rem Club Extra. ....no wind. Hit a woodchuck in the head crossing in right in from of the 200 yard line after a couple of shots to get elevation right. Really like the rifle. My son in law just got one and it shoots just as well.

CZ 452 American with a Burris Timberline 4.5x14x32 AO ballistic reticle scope. My longest kill has been a prairie dog at 262 lasered yards with a 40-grain bullet. Velocitor is my favorite round for long range shooting, but I was using something cheaper than day, maybe Game-Shok 810 which is also accurate and hard hitting at distance. Blazer works well if you high grade your ammo and only shoot the stuff that weighs out around 50.5 grains give or take a couple tenths of a grain.

The CZ 452 walks all over the Ruger 10/22 at long range....but what do you expect? Totally different types of gun, and QC is still alive and well in the Czech Republic it would seem.

I have a 541 Remington with a Burris 6x HBR scope on it. It will print sub MOA @ 100 yards on windless days, and I have put ten shots in about .85" at 100 yards more than a few times. Barrel is prone to lead fouling at the throat.

I helped a buddy of mine rebuild a Cooper 22 target rifle, and it will pring .20" groups @ 50 yards on windless days (best groups are around .170"). It shot good enough to place in the top five down at Calfee's saturday night bash with the winning groups being in the very low ones
gary

Last edited:
The CZ 452 walks all over the Ruger 10/22 at long range....but what do you expect? Totally different types of gun, and QC is still alive and well in the Czech Republic it would seem.

The CZ 452, specially with a trigger change, will walk all over hundreds of rifles.
When I bought my Savage MK II TR, which is the only one I know of in rifles of the
same price range, that will stand right next to it and some times falls a little behind
but not by much. The thing is You do have to change the trigger on the CZ for a
great experience.

Again, When I bought my Savage MK II TR, I was heavily debating between these to rifles. I really wanted the CZ 452 heavy barrel but what made my decision very easy
was that I found the Savage at a great price, fell in love with the tactical bolt handle
and they did not have a CZ... Now I got a great excuse to save more pennies! :rolleyes: :D

My CMP Remington 40x single shot with a 24x Leopold benchrest scope mounted in Burris Z-rings with a 40 MOA slant in the rings, and a Rifle Basix trigger set to 6 ounces (looks very similar to the Winchester early in the thread---I redid the wood, and even bedded the action---it will SHOOT!). At 100 yards I can hit 9mm brass routinely and it is almost at the bottom of the scope's elevation limits. It would be nice to have a custom turret for it and shoot it out as far as it will go. :)

Recent Posts