What 22LR is you favorite past 100yds?

Mindcrime could you post a picture of that Rifle. I just bought a U.S.M.C 40x Barrelled receiver and Im trying to deceide what way to go as far as stock Options.

Thanks

My CMP Remington 40x single shot with a 24x Leopold benchrest scope mounted in Burris Z-rings with a 40 MOA slant in the rings, and a Rifle Basix trigger set to 6 ounces (looks very similar to the Winchester early in the thread---I redid the wood, and even bedded the action---it will SHOOT!). At 100 yards I can hit 9mm brass routinely and it is almost at the bottom of the scope's elevation limits. It would be nice to have a custom turret for it and shoot it out as far as it will go. :)

I made my own custom turret. Nice solid oak. The best part....it only cost me 17 cents for the set screws.:D It has a hand marked turret label on it now.
turret1.jpg

I made my own custom turret. Nice solid oak. The best part....it only cost me 17 cents for the set screws.:D It has a hand marked turret label on it now.

Cool Idea for the turret!!!

Killahog, I will try to post a picture soon; I got married and have moved and it looks like most of my guns will stay with my parents---Long story, but I WILL try to get you a pic soon!

Browning 52 target sporter with ely HP sub sonics, leupold vx3 3-9 with target knobs

Ruger 10/22, power custom trigger, 30 MOA scope base, Tac Sol barrel, houge stock, burris 4-16 signature in sig zee rings with inserts, tac-2 elevation and windage knobs.

I used the second rig to take a rock chuck at 256 yds a couple of weeks ago with winchester 40 gr HP sub sonic ammo. Witnessed by my dad and brother. with this combo 100 yds is easy, 150 regular, 200 challange, and 250 possible. it is pretty fun playing with these .22's at longer ranges, puching the limits of the equipment and shooter.

Attachments

• P1012468.jpg
    P1012468.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 121
  • P1012444.jpg
    P1012444.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 105
CZ 452 American with a Burris Timberline 4.5x14x32 AO ballistic reticle scope. My longest kill has been a prairie dog at 262 lasered yards with a 40-grain bullet. Velocitor is my favorite round for long range shooting, but I was using something cheaper than day, maybe Game-Shok 810 which is also accurate and hard hitting at distance. Blazer works well if you high grade your ammo and only shoot the stuff that weighs out around 50.5 grains give or take a couple tenths of a grain.

The CZ 452 walks all over the Ruger 10/22 at long range....but what do you expect? Totally different types of gun, and QC is still alive and well in the Czech Republic it would seem.
There isn't much that will hang with a 452. At least, nothing that I've found. That is, unless you really are willing to spend some $$$. I looked at the same scope for my 17HMR. How are you liking it?

There isn't much that will hang with a 452. At least, nothing that I've found. That is, unless you really are willing to spend some $$$. I looked at the same scope for my 17HMR. How are you liking it?

I had a Burris Timberline on my Browning T Bolt and loved it! It was way brighter than it should be considering how little the objective is, it had TONS of eye relief, was nice and sharp for a $200 scope, and it could focus down to 7 yards which made close range target shooting on 14 power possible. For the money I think it is honestly probably the best rimfire scope available and I would not hesitate to use it on a lightweight mountain rifle either. Everybody that looked through mine was really impressed especially considering I bought mine used for just over $100.

If you put it on your 17 you will love the Ballistic Plex reticle. You sight the crosshairs in at 100 yards and the next line is 150, then 200, then 250, and the post is 300. These holdover spots were dead on a few years ago when I shot with the same scope on my 17 but recently I swear the 17 ammo is getting faster because everyone I know is shooting higher at longer ranges than they were just a year or two ago. I've had 3 people tell me the same thing but maybe we are just all crazy. hahaha

While at USA Nationals a few years ago we went to one of the public ranges on Fort Benning and a buddy and I were going for an 6x6 plate at 300M. We didn't change anything as we still had competitions. I had my Anschutz 2013ALU and he had a Feinwerkbau something. With open sights and 28mm riser blocks (looked through the slit where it mounts to barrel as front sight) I hit it twice in about 40 shots and so did he. It was a pain with the wind blowing that day but we had a load of fun.

For a .17HMR or .22WMR I would still go with the Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32 AO.

When I checked the AO focus scale against my rangefinder, they both agreed exactly out to 100 yards. I haven't see that on the Chinese scopes I have used.

I probably have 3000 rounds through that CZ 452/Timberline combo and the scope holds zero.

As per a previous comment about a CZ 452 needing a new trigger, that's probably because not enough shots have been taken. The CZ trigger is adjustable and it smooths out after a few thousand rounds have been fired.

Best way to improve a CZ rifle is to use it. All 4 of mine have gotten more accurate the more I use them.

It is always a good idea to check things over before using a gun. A little polish here, a little polish there. If you expect it to get better on its own, you are going about it the wrong way.lightbulb

Actually, all you need to do to a CZ is clean the barrel, keep the screws snug, and give it a little lube where it needs it. It's well known among CZ users that about the only big difference between a CZ and much more expensive rifle is the finishing stages. With use, the action and trigger smooths out very noticeably as it polishes itself through use.

I lap the barrel with bore paste if it needs it, but that step is part of normal cleaning for me. Also, a CZ rimfire is available with a single set trigger, so that option makes more sense than an aftermarket trigger for most people.

Actually, all you need to do to a CZ is clean the barrel, keep the screws snug, and give it a little lube where it needs it. It's well known among CZ users that about the only big difference between a CZ and much more expensive rifle is the finishing stages. With use, the action and trigger smooths out very noticeably as it polishes itself through use.

I lap the barrel with bore paste if it needs it, but that step is part of normal cleaning for me. Also, a CZ rimfire is available with a single set trigger, so that option makes more sense than an aftermarket trigger for most people.
Just a quick correction, a CZ rimfire is available with a "SWEET" single set trigger:D. And yes, they do improve with use, both trigger pull and group size. The single set doesn't seem to change at all (it's just so good to begin with) but as FAL Shot said, after a few thousand rounds the stock trigger does improve itself. YoDave also sells a trigger kit that makes a stock CZ trigger break at 1.5lbs and break very clean as well, if installed right it eliminates creep completely. Add J&P striker springs and... dang! You got yourself a laserbeam critter gitter!

IMG_3440.jpg
CZ 452 Trainer, floated, bedded, Yo Dave kit, J&P hardware... The gun is nothing special, but try and top the view from my shooting range:D.

Attachments

• IMG_3442.jpg
    IMG_3442.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3444.jpg
    IMG_3444.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3445.jpg
    IMG_3445.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 97

Recent Posts