What’s your longest kill shot of 2022?

This is long range hunting so let's not hear about ethics and all that jazz. Like the title asks, what's your longest kill shot this year, and what rifle Rifle did you use?
I'll start. My first bull elk public land Colorado 864 yards with a 300wsm I built myself. Badlands precision 195 gr bd2
1035 yards one shot PA black bear, last day. .338 Big Baer 300 grain Elite Hunter @ 3135fps Bartlein barrel, left-handed twist, gain twist 1/10 to 1/9.25 smithed by Bruce Baer

Last edited:
953 yards, 300 wby, 230 OTM

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 57
1. Bull Elk at 19 yards with a bow
2. Mule deer at 12 yards with a 7 SAUM

All that money and time in to long range, I always end up with a chip shot. My buck before this one was under 100 yards🤣

Problem is, if you rolled out with grampas 3030 with iron sights having only just barely kept 5 inside a pie plate at 50yards... everything would be walking around at 500+ yards.

Granted it does make me blush the amount of animals I've pummeled at bow ranges with high bc bullets and 100 grains of retumbo.

Now if we could just get the critters we hunt to hold perfectly still while we lob four or five at them.... then get their vitals to grow substantially... until then we shall have to embrace allen magnum cartridges.