Weatherby Mark V "Hunter"

17remhunter

New starting out and was looking at the Weatherby Mark V Hunter in the 6.5 Cm Everything about the rifle fits what im looking for. Weight, LOP, and Price Does anyone out there have or know anything about the Model from Weatherby. I have also been looking at the Bergara Mountain 2.0 but its about $600 more. The biggest issue is my LOP being 6'5" I like a LOP of 13 7/8
Any feed back on this rifle would be appreciated

So far I have yet to find a rifle for my purposes that is better than the Weatherby Mark V Hunter..... I looked at the Seekin but the LOP was 13 .25 and is at $1900 Just like any rifle in the long run it comes down to accuracy,
then fit and weight.
I spend 99% of my hunting time packing the rifle up and down and usually fire it once during the hunt, hopefully.
Again the other fun part is working up a load for a new rifle and finding its sweet spot.

I was looking at the Mark V Hunter in 280AI for my first Mark V.
But the more i handled them, the more i disliked the stock.
I saved up a couple hundred bucks more & got a Mark V Weathermark LT in 7mm WBY.

Then a used Mark V Ultra Lightweight in 257 WBY kinda fell in my lap.

Followed a couple weeks later by a German Made Mark V Deluxe in "Weatherby 300 Magnum ".

The Trigger Tech trigger on the newer models is awsome!!

But the freebore on the magnums is long. While you can load out to the lands, and it fits the magazine, you can't then eject a loaded round. At least not without pulling the bolt.
Which requires depressing the trigger.

I was looking at the Mark V Hunter in 280AI for my first Mark V.
But the more i handled them, the more i disliked the stock.
I saved up a couple hundred bucks more & got a Mark V Weathermark LT in 7mm WBY.

Then a used Mark V Ultra Lightweight in 257 WBY kinda fell in my lap.

Followed a couple weeks later by a German Made Mark V Deluxe in "Weatherby 300 Magnum ".

The Trigger Tech trigger on the newer models is awsome!!

But the freebore on the magnums is long. While you can load out to the lands, and it fits the magazine, you can't then eject a loaded round. At least not without pulling the bolt.
Which requires depressing the trigger.
I love when weatherby rifles fall into my lap! 🤣. Hasn't happened yet but sounds great!

The hunter model seems to be a really good value rifle in the mark v lineup similar to the weathermark models. I've not owned one, i've shouldered a couple in cabelas/bass pro just fooling around and they handle nice. If it's not a classic model i'm collecting i stick with LH rifles now for myself with enough offerings i'm to old to keep settling for shooting RH rifles - lol.

I'm a huge backcountry fan but i love a fluted LW hunting rifle - it blows up my skirt! :) The creedmoor in the hunter model would be a great choice IMO hard all around cartridge's to beat. If you get one i'll bet good money it wont be your last! ;) Good luck, i had a pretty good collection going and now some would say i've lost my mind with it, but i have 6 kids 4 are boys they will all acquire some fine rifles one day.

Don't overlook a good weatherby chambering 240 all the way to 340 some really good options being in texas medium sized game 240-257 (all time fav) 270 and 6.5rpm are some fun rounds. The ram in my photo was shot with 240, it's a killing machine!

No experience with either of these in particular but recommend the weatherby.

I've heard quite a few people express regret over buying bergara. The number of people I've met/heard express disappointment or regret in their Weatherby rifle I can probably count on one hand.
Hummm, I find it kinda hard to "bad mouth" Bergara rifles. Here's is a 50 yd reduced for shooting at 50 ft.(small bore). Being shot at 100 yds. Just breaking in, under 100 rds. HMR-PRO 300 WM

Attachments

• 2AB9E056-E4FD-4E51-AE7D-C572DAE6B1E0.jpeg
    2AB9E056-E4FD-4E51-AE7D-C572DAE6B1E0.jpeg
    486.4 KB · Views: 67
I'm a Weatherby fan because each if mine happens to be very accurate with carefully made handloads. My Weatherby Ultralight ( 5 3/4 pounds with no scope or rings or bases) is my PET White tail deer rifle, chambered in .270 Win. Just this week, the barreled action returned from Weatherby as I had a Muzzle break fitted to it , I wanted the factory appearance, and they made it blend perfectly. Now a new Leupold VX 5 HD 3 X to 15X will be mounted on it . Nothing against Bergara. I'm sure they make a very good rifle, but I am completely happy with my Weatherby's. Best of luck in your decision!!!

Hummm, I find it kinda hard to "bad mouth" Bergara rifles. Here's is a 50 yd reduced for shooting at 50 ft.(small bore). Being shot at 100 yds. Just breaking in, under 100 rds. HMR-PRO 300 WM
Oh my brother shot in two of the same rifles one Creed one PRC the prc you could cover the prc with a nickle and creed was 1.5-2" groups all shot from a sled.

He was ready to toss in the creek - lol - i talked him off the cliff. Found somethings that maybe influencing poor accuracy - kinda stripped it down and put it all back together. He had like 3 different offerings of ammo - and it ended up shooting one of those very well like half inch group. It will prob tighten up or should with loaded ammo which he wants to tinker with.

While every creedmoor I've ever owned has been a shooter from the start - these are factory rifles with people assembling them and not everyone is perfect. So i can see someone jumping to conclusions, but most "accuracy" issues can be fixed by a novice shooter once we calm down! :)

In general bergara are good rifles - just sharing a story which i'm sure every manufactured rifle has a similar story.

New starting out and was looking at the Weatherby Mark V Hunter in the 6.5 Cm Everything about the rifle fits what im looking for. Weight, LOP, and Price Does anyone out there have or know anything about the Model from Weatherby. I have also been looking at the Bergara Mountain 2.0 but its about $600 more. The biggest issue is my LOP being 6'5" I like a LOP of 13 7/8
Any feed back on this rifle would be appreciated
I have a Bergara HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor and it shoots though the same hole at 100 and 200 yards if I do my part, the HMR is a bit heavy for lugging around at altitude approaches 12 lbs with glass. But the Weatherby Hunter is a model in 6.5 Creedmoor should give you equivalent accuracy at about 6.1 lbs. I'm also looking at the hunter if you want a bit more oomph look at the 6.5 RPM still at a weight of 6.2lbs, gives a lot more performance.