Warning about online sites selling components, buyer beware!!

Grafs pulled that on me. Order instock item. Then get email saying 16-18 days to ship. Hopefully once you order that your order is pulled off the shelf so it can be shipped in my 16-18 wait. I've been tempted to order backups from another place just incase when my 16-18 days comes they are out of stock on what I ordered
Grafs is the slowest shipping I have ever seen

Covid restrictions, plandemic and latest election steal has everything screwed up, I love ordering from Midsouth, but they had a two to three week shipping delay due to Covid late last year and today they advertise 2-10 day delay. I ordered a Mandrel Die and Mandrel's from 21st Century, the web page listed 4 week minimum to ship due to Covid, they shipped it in one week. What I have started noticing for me anyways, stuff shipped USPS is always later than posted, I have watched my orders ship from Missouri to TX, in one day, then sit in the distribution center 65 miles away for two days, ship again arrive 20 miles from the distribution center, sit in that facility for two days, ship again and arrive another 10 miles away to another distribution center sit another two days and leave that location, arrive 30 miles away to a different city than my Post Office and sit for half a day to ship again, at this point I figured it's going back to Dallas, but shows up in my mailbox the following day, two days later I get a notification that it was delivered and sitting in my mailbox...

Atleast Grafs says it right on there website, don't like it move on.
Theres a reamer company thats pretty bad about the same thing as optics planet.
That's where I screwed up. Did a google search for what I was looking for and Grafs popped up for instock. Didn't ever go to their home page to see the warning

As bad as Midway has been on pricing, I placed order on a die, shipped 2 days later, expected today from tracking. Go figure that one out, then again not in hand yet but seems like it will be here today from tracking. Oops its USPS and I have complained twice to Postmaster on darn right lies on delivery so maybe I am drinking funny coffee....again.

I ordered an AR bolt carrier and backup firing pin from Midsouth a while back. It actually arrived before the proposed ship date. I also mailed a check for my city utility bill and it took 10 days to arrive when I could have walked over there and dropped it off in 20 minutes. Undependable seems to be the new normal.

As bad as Midway has been on pricing, I placed order on a die, shipped 2 days later, expected today from tracking. Go figure that one out, then again not in hand yet but seems like it will be here today from tracking. Oops its USPS and I have complained twice to Postmaster on darn right lies on delivery so maybe I am drinking funny coffee....again.
I'm about done with Midway since they started price gouging

It's crazy for sure. The long wait for in stock items to ship is hard to understand. Are they running without employees due to the covid unemployment that pays better not to work?

We tried USPS for about 3 months a year ago or so. We had more lost and damaged orders than the previous 3 years with FedEx. We moved back to FedEx and have more than doubled shipments since and have very few issues. They have continued to get our product delivered in a couple days throughout this crazy time. Any of you guys that are shipping product should look at FedEx Express. Their one rate program is terrific.

As far as the 14-16 weeks, no way.

The real annoying part is that they took payment right away!! Okay......14-16 weeks that in itself is unacceptable, but.....to charge my credit card immediately is like giving the company a loan for 3 1/2-4 months. And......I didn't even start to mention some of the gouging going on with just about all of the major distributors, that is another thread; $129 for a box of 50 , 9mms.

It's crazy for sure. The long wait for in stock items to ship is hard to understand. Are they running without employees due to the covid unemployment that pays better not to work?

We tried USPS for about 3 months a year ago or so. We had more lost and damaged orders than the previous 3 years with FedEx. We moved back to FedEx and have more than doubled shipments since and have very few issues. They have continued to get our product delivered in a couple days throughout this crazy time. Any of you guys that are shipping product should look at FedEx Express. Their one rate program is terrific.

Thank you for sharing that. I have had terrible service with USPS shipping and plan on using either UPS or FedEx for our next packages. Right now the post office cannot even get a letter shipped on time. The last Priority Mail, 2 day delivery with a certified check for an $1100 gun took three weeks to get there; Rhode Island to Virginia. Fortunately the seller was understanding and I had scanned the shipping receipt and emailed to him so he knew payment was coming.

The USPS to 20 days to send a piece of first class mail from NY to PA where my CC receives payment. The check was posted 1 day late and I was slammed with late fees and interest to the tune of $125.

Midway USA - my recent order was shipped very fast and the backorder items literally went out the day following the regular order. Everything was at my door in less then 10 days. No complaints.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.