Warning about online sites selling components, buyer beware!!

@Alibiiv I have a bunch of unprocessed, once fired .357 Magnum brass, both brass & nickel. Mixed headstand. Message me if interested and we can work something out.

About four months ago I was at one of my favorite bulk reloading supply sites and I found they had my preferred FMJ bullet in stock and no limit on orders, soooooooooooo.........................................
I instantly ordered a crapton of FMJ bullets at a VERY reasonable price INCLUDING S&H no less and it took about 35-40 days to get them and I was happy as can be to get them that fast.
To be honest because the price was still reasonable but they were limiting my purchase to less than 5k but the wait time had increased to 10-14 weeks and I have never had an issue with them in 10+ years I placed my order. I've got nothing to loose and weather the product arrives in 1 week or 14 makes no difference whatsoever to me.

About four months ago I was at one of my favorite bulk reloading supply sites and I found they had my preferred FMJ bullet in stock and no limit on orders, soooooooooooo.........................................
I instantly ordered a crapton of FMJ bullets at a VERY reasonable price INCLUDING S&H no less and it took about 35-40 days to get them and I was happy as can be to get them that fast.
To be honest because the price was still reasonable but they were limiting my purchase to less than 5k but the wait time had increased to 10-14 weeks and I have never had an issue with them in 10+ years I placed my order. I've got nothing to loose and weather the product arrives in 1 week or 14 makes no difference whatsoever to me.
That's fine but in some areas good stores have been replaced by pro shops that know nothing and have nothing unless you need candy and dog toys so when we want to try a different load or scope rings for what ever reason I think it should show up in a reasonable amount of time because they charged my card as if they were ready to do business.

Would like to add a 👍to the other posters having serious issues with Optics Planet.
Received an alert some 6mm bullets in stock. Immediately placed order and received a confirmation of order received. Next day text indicated 2-5 months delivery!
I've tried calling multiple times per day 12-15 minute on hold listening to how hard optic planet is working to serve their customers😁 only to hear the call won't be answered. I call B... on this. Hopefully enough folks go elsewhere to shop and create optic planet some Discomfort.

Last edited:
Would like to add a 👍to the other posters having serious issues with Optics Planet.
Received an alert some 6mm billets in stock. Immediately placed order and received a confirmation of order received. Next day text indicated 2-5 months delivery!
I've tried calling multiple times per day 12-15 minute on hold listening to how hard optic planet is working to serve their customers😁 only to hear the call won't be answered. I call B... on this. Hopefully enough folks go elsewhere to shop and create optic planet some Discomfort.
Had a co-worker come to work one morning and tell me he ordered a burris on OpticsPlanet and wanted me to mount it on his new model 70 and zero it for deer season.i laugh out loud and tell him you won't hunt with that scope this season.i can't remember how long it took for him to get a refund but I was spot on.

Another thing to keep in mind is that many resellers/stores/websites have gone to having a feed of inventory levels of all their wholesaler, and advertise as in-stock, pending order confirmation and shipment from the distributor. So, if it has to ship from the wholesaler to the store, that adds significant time (not 14 weeks, mind you) and some distributors/wholesalers had as much as a 30 day lead-time on shipping during 2020. Also, if one wholesaler has one item in stock, it will show in stock at EVERY website that has an inventory feed to that wholesaler. So that one single unit will show in stock at multiple places, and then it's just down to who places the order first.

Had a co-worker come to work one morning and tell me he ordered a burris on OpticsPlanet and wanted me to mount it on his new model 70 and zero it for deer season.i laugh out loud and tell him you won't hunt with that scope this season.i can't remember how long it took for him to get a refund but I was spot on.
I sincerely mean it when I say greatest of thanks BPD, on the heads up about Optics planet. I may have but don't recall if I ever have bought anything from them in the past , but thinks to your heads up will avoid buying anything from them now.

No politics
Warning

I've been on this sight for a very, very long time, and to the best of my recollection I have never received a warning for anything that I have posted. I am careful with my language, the tone/manner that I use and generally will complement someone in a post instead of being judgemental or critical of a thread or post. I am not aware of any politics that I have used in this thread. Would you please point out to me where I got political because I cannot figure out what I did to receive a warning. And......I'm not being argumentative at all, just trying to figure out what happened here.

PLEASE send me a PM so I get it, because right now I am struggling to figure the
political comment out??? If I messed up fine, just let me know what I did to get the warning.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.