Warning about online sites selling components, buyer beware!!

I've been waiting 8 months for 143 ELD-X bullets ordered from OpticsPlanet, that showed in stock when I checked out, and showed 1-2 weeks delay when I received the order
I've been waiting 8 months for 143 ELD-X bullets ordered from OpticsPlanet, that showed in stock when I checked out, and showed 1-2 weeks delay when I received the order receipt.
I won't even look on Optics planet.Because they are bald face Bull crap telling and I will stop before I get ugly on them

A friend ordered something from midway a while back. Was tracking and ups said arrived in town but had turned package over to postal service which they shipped to Miami. Took 2 more weeks to come back!!
I have to endure that garbage time after time.
UPS will deliver to Tucson then turn it over to USPS for delivery. Then USPS sends it 130 miles north to Phoenix just to have it come BACK 130 miles to Tucson for sending to the appropriate postal office to send out for delivery.
Go figure.
Stupid thing is they closed the main USPS facility in Tucson as being more "cost effective" to have everything sent from their Phoenix hub. But the Tucson facility IS STILL OPEN AND IN USE FOR ACCEPTING MAIL AND PARCELS!!
LIKE, WTH IS THAT ALL ABOUT?!?
Must be a finely run gubment operation, huh? SMDH
I wish that UPS, in a situation like that, would give folks the opportunity to drive to their facility to take possession RFN instead of all the other rigamaroll.
Cheese and RICE!
But whatchya gonna do, eh? SMH

I won't even look on Optics planet.Because they are bald face Bull crap telling and I will stop before I get ugly on them
That's unacceptable IMHO.
I've been looking for a Rosco barrel and they show them In Stock at a great price.
They're willing to charge your card RFN.
Delivery of 11 to 13 MONTHS?!?
AND THEY ARE IN STOCK??!!??
How about I get on my horse, ride over there and pay my money and take home my product??
What a zoo that must be.

It's crazy for sure. The long wait for in stock items to ship is hard to understand. Are they running without employees due to the covid unemployment that pays better not to work?

We tried USPS for about 3 months a year ago or so. We had more lost and damaged orders than the previous 3 years with FedEx. We moved back to FedEx and have more than doubled shipments since and have very few issues. They have continued to get our product delivered in a couple days throughout this crazy time. Any of you guys that are shipping product should look at FedEx Express. Their one rate program is terrific.
Want to thank you. My bullets arrived in a few days.

Wow! That is just BS isn't it? No way should something that is supposedly "in stock" take 14-16 weeks to ship. I would certainly question it. But if you're prepared to wait and there is nothing else available elsewhere I guess you might as well wait it out.

I've been waiting 8 months for 143 ELD-X bullets ordered from OpticsPlanet, that showed in stock when I checked out, and showed 1-2 weeks delay when I received the order receipt.

I will NEVER order another thing from O-P. Their website is VERY misleading and customer service is awful.

I had placed an order beginning of last year. I don't remember all the detail now but everything showed "in stock" when I placed the order, but in the email I got after paying stated some stuff was out of stock, unknown delivery time. I gave it a couple weeks and stuff started filtering in.
Shipping was around $23-24 if I remember right, anyway. They hit me with close to $100 for shipping before I caught it. THEY CHARGED MY CARD SHIPPING FOR EVERY ITEM!! Since it all shipped separately, they wouldn't refund my money unless I returned it all! So, I did, and it took another month to get refunded. Never again

I will NEVER order another thing from O-P. Their website is VERY misleading and customer service is awful.

I had placed an order beginning of last year. I don't remember all the detail now but everything showed "in stock" when I placed the order, but in the email I got after paying stated some stuff was out of stock, unknown delivery time. I gave it a couple weeks and stuff started filtering in.
Shipping was around $23-24 if I remember right, anyway. They hit me with close to $100 for shipping before I caught it. THEY CHARGED MY CARD SHIPPING FOR EVERY ITEM!! Since it all shipped separately, they wouldn't refund my money unless I returned it all! So, I did, and it took another month to get refunded. Never again
Personally I would have disputed the added charges with my CC company. They have always come through for me as an advocate without complaint.
Ticked off more than one business but if they can get crappy with their customers I don't feel bad giving it back to them when I can.
Afterwards they go on my F.U. list (like CTD) and I refuse to EVER buy from them again.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. 5 or 6 years ago I posted similar disparaging words about these clowns & the post was removed, I assumed it was because they were a sponsor at the time. Will be interesting to see if this gets removed.

Optics Planet has never been a Sponsor here.

As Duck season came around this year I started looking for steel shot ammo in September and by early early October I realized I was not getting any more steel #4 duck ammo this year. I only had a few boxes from last year. I went online to Cabela and Sportsman guide club. Both were out of steel shot #4 12 ga. ammo. Also both were out of #7-1/2 or #8 shot target ammo. Both alerted me that they were back ordered in the ammo i wanted for months but still at a good price as well. I ordered 10 boxes of #4 steel shot and 10 boxes #8 target loads from each expecting to receive them in March or April but hoping for something for the quota I drew hunt in January in Florida. There are three of us and we can go through 6 boxes of ammo in a day if the ducks are flying. But I did not expect the ammo until March or April. I received all 40 boxes by mid- December. So we don't need any shotgun ammo for the next year. As to the duck hunt, one person was in a quarantine for exposure to covid19, another was have heart problems and A Fib evaluation for surgery, and I was having cancer surgery a week and a half before the hunt ... maybe next year we will get the ducks. I'll be at the skeet range a lot this spring.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts