Wanting pics Bartlein 3b and sendero comparison

cmillett79

Im torn between the 3b and sendero contours for my 7mm saum build . My goal is to keep bare rifle weight at no more then 8lbs . Looking at using a B&C M40 stock or a Mcmillan game warden . Im fine with barrel lengths of 22" . I like compact LR rigs . This will be a hunting rig along with a fun 1k-1500 plus rig . Would like some pics of some of those 3b and sendero Bartlein contours we have floating around here . Thanks

I don't have any pictures but I've owned both contours. The difference is huge. A Sendero contour will look better in either of those stocks.

The sendero contour will look better aesthetically in either of those stocks but is significantly heavier then a Bartlein 3b. You may have a hard time staying under 8# with the sendero contour. If it were me doing what your after I would go with the Bartlein 3b

If you want a stiff heavy barrel, but in a lightweight package, go ahead and drop the coin on a Proof Research or Christensen Arms CF wrapped barrel.

If you want a stiff heavy barrel, but in a lightweight package, go ahead and drop the coin on a Proof Research or Christensen Arms CF wrapped barrel.

Ive considered the Proof CF my friend and still thinking about it .. But $$$ and as much as I shoot , I just dont know man .

The 3b isn't a light contour by any means, and the sendero is only .65 lbs heavier.

I would go sendero, even if it pushed you over by half a pound. I really the the look and feel of a 20-24" sendero

I have or had all three mentioned. In a short rig as you desire and still being up in the 8 lb range (bare rifle), then I would go with the Sendero.

I have two 26" 3B builds and had both fluted with 6 straight flutes x 3/16" width. Got weight down to near #3 contour. Both are very accurate and pack pretty well, for old men. I also have two Bartlein 3s at same length, no flies on them either.

Don't have any pics of the 3B contour, but I have a few of my Rem Varmint/Sendero from Bartlein.

Bottom left picture is of my rifle on top and my cousin's on the bottom with a M24 contour.

Attachments

• 308 Norma.jpg
    308 Norma.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 810
  • IMG_2235.jpg
    IMG_2235.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 772
  • IMG_2437.jpg
    IMG_2437.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,055
  • IMG_2238.jpg
    IMG_2238.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 2,503
I have had both. Will never do sendero again. I may even consider the next smaller next time if I don't move to carbon.

Personally, I prefer Sendero contour. But if you're going for lightweight, the Sendero Proof CF barrel will be your best compromise for stiffness/accuracy and weight savings.

My next barrel for my lightweight deer rifle (custom A-Bolt II 7mm RM) will be a Proof 1:8 twist 26" Sendero 7mm barrel. But that will be a while, because I just put a barrel on it a couple years back, and I only use that rifle for hunting. So, doubtful I will burn the current one out, most likely just get bored and decide to swap it up.

I have a 26" Bartlein Sendaro contour on my recent 6.5x284 build. Total weight of this rifle is came in at 12# with a March 5x25x52 currently mounted.. On the heavy side, but very accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_0492.JPG
    IMG_0492.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 2,640
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.