Proof sendero / bartlein carbon fiber

Thank you. Barrel weight is definitely a big consideration for me. Thats y im giving up length. I like that proof has been around so long, but bartlein has the top barrel in competition. Any others worth consideration?
It's not an extreme amount and from looking at the barrel weights on their website it's only a few ounces. I went with a Bartlein 14 26" on my 30 Nosler because I wanted a little longer shank than the standard 2", I also wanted a thicker appearance. If you are looking for a Bartlein in stock it's going to be tough but Bugholes has a fresh stock coming in monthly. I have a 24" #13 30cal blank if you need it. I can't offer any other suggestions because those are the only two I am experienced with but there are multiple others. I'm not interested in gambling $1200+ (thread, chamber, & install break) to see how they shoot and foul. There is some risk in Bartleins CFW since is somewhat new to the market but I'm sure they adapted a proven method, as far as their cut barrels they are superb and I look forward to mine being home in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Proof sendero lite vs Bartlein #13. Both 6.5's and 20" chambered in very similar cartridges
7F2211E6-7804-460E-B142-75D55F3C6D49.jpeg
449F1C93-A1E5-417B-B056-16F3552F1DCC.jpeg

I think right now at this moment in time the Bartlein is the better choice.
I thought the same thing given what I was hearing about some issues with proof as well as issues I had with a proof barrel. The proof barrel in my picture is actually a warranty replacement barrel that proof sent me because a previous 6.5 bbl did not shoot well at all. I've had 15-20 proof barrels that have all shot phenomenal then got a bad one. I'll hand it to proof, they replaced the barrel no questions asked and this one shoots as well if not a little better than the Bartlein. I've only had 2 of the Bartlein CF and both have shot phenomenal as well. It's a toss up for me. Weight goes to Proof, finish goes to proof, 5r vs 4 groove goes to Bartlein. IMO you can't go wrong with either choice. That being said I have a new Benchmark CF on order to throw into the mix

Hey Nevrsummer, I just had a couple Carbon 6 barrels done a while ago. One in 300 Wby and the other in 22-250AI. Just started shooting them recently. I bore scoped them when I got the rifles back, rifling super clean, everything looked really good. So far it looks like they are both going to be great shooters. So there's another option in CF barrels

Take Care, Rick

Thanks Rick. Another option to someday consider is xcaliber. I think they might cryo treat theirs. Im leaning towards a bartlein. If i can find one.

If you want to have options Bartlien is the better choice, you can get whatever made up if you don't mind the wait.

I just ordered a Bartlien #13 contour cfw with left hand gain twist from 9.75 to 9 in .308 caliber. They said sounds awesome, only downside is about a 10 month wait for it. Not a problem to me but some guy's don't like it.

Thank you. Barrel weight is definitely a big consideration for me. Thats y im giving up length. I like that proof has been around so long, but bartlein has the top barrel in competition. Any others worth consideration?
Proof and Bartlein are great barrels I have built my last three rifles with Rock Creek CF barrels and absolutely love them accurate as all get out. They are more accurate then I could ever shoot them... Just another to throw in the mix

Proof and Bartlein are great barrels I have built my last three rifles with Rock Creek CF barrels and absolutely love them accurate as all get out. They are more accurate then I could ever shoot them... Just another to throw in the mix
Rock creek is making CF barrels? First I've heard of this.

Recent Posts