Bartlein Rem Varmint or 3B contour?

I'm a huge Sendero/Varmint fan... When I order custom barrels, they will all be in Remington Varmint/Sendero contour, and atleast 26" in finished length.

My 6.5 WSM has a Bartlein light palma, when I got it from Butches Reloading I was
not happy with the weight of the barrel, it weight 5 lb. We cut 1 inch off the shank
and finish the barrel at 26 inches. Finish weight was 4 1/4 lb. which in not bad, the
rifle weight 8 1/4 lb. with out scope.

My 6.5 WSM has a Bartlein light palma, when I got it from Butches Reloading I was
not happy with the weight of the barrel, it weight 5 lb. We cut 1 inch off the shank
and finish the barrel at 26 inches. Finish weight was 4 1/4 lb. which in not bad, the
rifle weight 8 1/4 lb. with out scope.

Sounds like you got a medium palma?? What does your muzzle measure? The light palma at 30" weighs 4.5# vs the medium palma at 5.35#.

After researching and crunching numbers I'm going to change my Med palma to a light palma. I plan on cutting 1" off the shank and finish at 24", according to my calculations based off their chart, it should weigh in at 3.7lb ish.

I also weighed my action, slightly heavier stock, scope and rings and it all came out a shade under 6#. So with my goal being under 10lb the light palma should put me right about 9.5#.

Good luck, I had Butches weight all his light and medium palma and they were all
heaver thin what they said. My muzzle is .774. It seems like all the barrels maker are that way. I was told that they are base on a 30 caliber boar. My barrel measure to there specs just not there weight.

Good luck, I had Butches weight all his light and medium palma and they were all
heaver thin what they said. My muzzle is .774. It seems like all the barrels maker are that way. I was told that they are base on a 30 caliber boar. My barrel measure to there specs just not there weight.

I think you are correct about the bore. Also, it's kind of like b.c. on bullets:D

It sure is a lt Palm. I calculated my muzzle @24" to be 0.78ish. Thankfully mine is a 30cal bore, but still sounds like its gonna be a little heavy. I might still get some fluting done just to make sure.

It would be awesome if we could get a line up of barrel contours and actual weight to help guys (like me) trying to meet a certain overall weight.

ShortCase, what does your gun weigh overall?

My rifle weigh 8 1/4 lb. with out a scope, I have not put a scope on it yet.
When I started this rifle I wanted a rifle in the 8 to 10 lb. with scope and this will
be there.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.