Bartlein 3b at the range

Hello,

I'm looking to put a 6mm Bartlein barrel on my X-bolt with a Game scout stock. It will be mostly for the shooting range but I'd like it to be capable for hunting as well. I've read a lot on the different contours but it looks like the stock isn't recommended for anything larger than a 4 or 5 contour.

My question is, does anybody use a 3B for the range and if so, how bad does it heat up vs a regular hunting barrel in 2 or 3 contour?

Thanks Rick. How does it do at the range? I'm looking for something that doesn't lose much accuracy past a 5 shot string. I don't need to do 30 rounds at a time, but it's a hassle letting it cool down after a 3 shot string.
You should have no problem with a 5 shot string with a minute or two between shots…which is what I do for accuracy shooting.

Hello,

I'm looking to put a 6mm Bartlein barrel on my X-bolt with a Game scout stock. It will be mostly for the shooting range but I'd like it to be capable for hunting as well. I've read a lot on the different contours but it looks like the stock isn't recommended for anything larger than a 4 or 5 contour.

My question is, does anybody use a 3B for the range and if so, how bad does it heat up vs a regular hunting barrel in 2 or 3 contour?
Just curious on which xbolt you have? I have an xbolt that I'm contemplating putting a new barrel as well. Has the barrel already been taken off? I've heard getting those barrels off isn't an easy task.

Just curious on which xbolt you have? I have an xbolt that I'm contemplating putting a new barrel as well. Has the barrel already been taken off? I've heard getting those barrels off isn't an easy task.
Which is why gunsmiths don't like to work on them or they will quote you a price higher than if it was something else.

I've heard it's challenging and I've heard it's not bad. When I've read what's involved I lean towards the ' not bad' side. However, as Rick said, can be tougher to find a smith that'll do it and more expensive in general.