VLD question

It looks as if your barrel prefers a couple of fouler's before it starts to settle down. Nothing wrong with that just remember to foul it before you take it hunting.:)

It looks as if your barrel prefers a couple of fouler's before it starts to settle down. Nothing wrong with that just remember to foul it before you take it hunting.:)

I'm kinda Satisfied with this load...I'm new with the VLD but if people on here says that that is a good group then that's what I will load.

Very nice group after 2 foulers.
Load more of those and shoot with a cold fouled barrel at longer range and see how it groups.

Caleb, you're working at pretty low pressure with your 7RM. Have you done a pressure test to see what your max is? I have seen your combo safely pushed to 70.5-71.0 grains of H1000 with an accuracy node around 70.7 grains.

I think if ur rifle is not custom u have a great groups u will go crazy trying to get benchrest rifle accuracy out of a hunting rifle don't think will get better than that

Good groups (at or near bench-rest accuracy) are possible with a hunting rifle, if you can't shoot... well that is a different story. Sometimes it isn't the rifle.

Caleb, you're working at pretty low pressure with your 7RM. Have you done a pressure test to see what your max is? I have seen your combo safely pushed to 70.5-71.0 grains of H1000 with an accuracy node around 70.7 grains.

Caleb, have you considered this? It might just be the little bit of change you need to get your load shooting tighter. My best running 7RM loads run right around 100% load density. Just something to consider.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.