Video inside a rifle bore. See any issues?

Something I see In your last last video, is two blasts of carbon right at the chamber that indicates there's pressure escaping sideways in two spots, instead of equally around the bore.

What would cause that? Gunsmith error or barrel error

View attachment 165751
1137DEDF-F01F-4841-99CC-D13DBC464D94.png
09F770AD-0ACC-49B7-91BF-B14497A562FB.png
09F770AD-0ACC-49B7-91BF-B14497A562FB.png

May just be my eyes but I see what may be some serious carbon issues and it appears to have some serious rough areas in the rifling.

I would suggest cleaning the snot out of it and when you are finished just take a fairly tight jag and patch or multiple patches rodding it back and forth.

See if you feel areas of binding and loosening? It may not be lapped properly. Let me know if that's the case and I'll offer you a suggestion or two.
I agree..looks like some carbon buildup. I had that with a 260 Rem (brand new). Used some Remington 40 X cleaner and smoothed up, cleaned out barrel to shiny condition. Now it shoots like pictured below.DSCN0018.JPG 3 shots 100 yds..of course it won't fit in the mag well so it's going to change shortly.

I could be wrong but I would look seriously at the crown area. Some others on here with more experience please look again, something doesn't look right or it could be just the bore scope used.

I go along with 257robertsman, to me the attachment on the end don't look concentric. Is it a muzzle brake or a silencer? If there is an attachment take it off and see if the rifle shoots good. I can't believe that if it shot bad from the get go it's copper or carbon build up.

I go along with 257robertsman, to me the attachment on the end don't look concentric. Is it a muzzle brake or a silencer? If there is an attachment take it off and see if the rifle shoots good. I can't believe that if it shot bad from the get go it's copper or carbon build up.

It's a Little Bastard break I Believe. I kind of thought that also, but it's worth taking it off and trying.

You shouldn't be out another dime on this. The Smith should have seen there was a problem when he inspected the barrel before mounting and the barrel maker should have fixed it.

To save you a lot of money if you want to try and fix it I'll give you my recipe for polishing.

Wildrose can you share your recipe for polishing. You could PM me as well.

Thanks Rob

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.