Cold bore hit at 600 yards...short video, no commentary, just a shot

Ridgerunner665

Nothing really fascinating, just thought I'd try a video, lol...I've done a lot of talking about long range shooting on this and other forums, sometimes I get the vibe that some folks think I can't actually walk the walk.

600 yards, cold bore (gun hadn't been fired since last December), 280 Ackley Improved, Nosler 160 grain Accubond bullet, muzzle velcocity 3,020 fps, impact velocity 2,020 fps.

Conditions...light and variable wind (3-8 mph), 82 degrees, humidity 47%...dialed up 8.75 MOA, waited on the wind to drop, and let her rip....pretty straightforward.

The shot is about the 25 second mark

I know, 600 yards is a chip shot, next one will be at 800 yards...

[ame]https://youtu.be/1W-vZoU1NPA[/ame]

Nice shot. Milk jug is always a good shot. I sometimes a guy starts to think 600 is a chip shot. IMO definitely not a gimme to whack a milk jug. I gotta try the video thing. How did you set it up?

Steve

The video setup is somewhat crude...

I used a Caldwell Field Pod ( Caldwell DeadShot FieldPod Aluminum ) with the rifle rest removed, this makes it a mighty fine camera tripod, just need about eight 1/4" washers...the bolt is the right thread, just way too long.

The camera is my wifes Nikon D5500... Nikon D5500 | Touch Screen DSLR Camera with Built-in WiFi

I shot off the hood of the truck, using a Bulls Bag and a cheapie Caldwell rear bag...she had the camera set up in the bed of the truck.

The crew...my wife is behind the camera.

I often hunt from this very spot...shooting prone over my pack....but the grass is a little tall for that this time of the year.

Or....sometimes I hunt from the blind you see down next to where the jug was located...and shoot the deer where we are set up in the pic, just depends on whether the deer are running the river bottom or the ridge.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.