Vacuum sealing: primers and powder

I dropped one of my handholds in a stream crossing. It was standing upright in about 3' of water. Two weekends later we came past the same spot and my buddy with rubber boots could just walk to it. He reached in and got it. I kept it separate and tried it when I got home. Boom! Not the same soak in the sink but still I was mildly surprised and really pleased!!

At work, a dumb arse left a .50 cal ammo can out in the rain, then closed the lid on it with about 200, 9mm bullets in it (2" of water inside). It sat for at least six months. I tumbled them and let them sit for a month. I shot them in a Glock. About 1 in 10 had a little less of a bang and about 1 in 10 didn't fire; the rest fired just fine. Pretty extreme example and it probably is a testament to the waterproof seal than anything.

Note the amount of storage at home. Only 10,000 primers. That interesting! If you get a 1000 of each in LRP, and SRP, LRPM, and SRRM by different manufactures that would put you over. If Pistol and small and Larger plus Mag primers again, would be more yet. That isn't even getting into shotgun primers.
I could see 30,000 to 40,000 primers on hand if just having 1000 primers of each to start with.
Now it's been talked about here over they years. That people should use or try different primer, Powders, and case and bullet to achieve better accuracies. I agree fully!
The other is you can haul 25,000 primers in your car. Figure that out. I guess you loose a 1,000 here and there a long the way home. To get down to 10,000.
Just like Biden and his side kick V.P. Dumb, and Dumber.
I also want the THANK Muddyboots for the hard written info on the laws of the land. I had already knew of the 10,000 lot.
Got it downloaded.

I have one of these I keep all my loaded ammo, powder and primers in.

Powder Cab.jpg

Anybody vacuum seal primers or powder jugs?
Under a climate controlled environment and without threat of broken water pipes or fire sprinkler systems, I have never found a need. I have powders and primers that are many decades old and still very viable today. Actually, I have only had about a half # of powder to ever go bad, and it was a canister of old 3100 that began to clump and smell acidic. Otherwise, I have never lost properly stored powder/primers.

I have one of these I keep all my loaded ammo, powder and primers in.
I need something like that. My office looks like the reloading section at Cabelas back before the last rush.

So 10,000 in house, 10,000 in garage, 10,000 in pole barn, 10,000 in lawn shed, 10,000 in hunting shack. All good!
Don't forget the 25,000 you can drive around with. 🤣

The test is on. I ran 12 LR primers under the sink for about 30 seconds, and placed them back in the package. I will test fire one each month and provide feedback.

View attachment 446534View attachment 446535
I test fired 6 of the primers in empty cases today and all fired 11 days after being soaking wet. I have the other 6 loaded up to shoot to tomorrow to see if velocity is affected,

Recent Posts