Powder and Primers

bkondeff

Can't find IMR 4350 or 4831.

It seemed like the mad rush had kind of passed and that components where easier to find but is there some reason that these powders seem harder than normal to find right now.

P.S. Is anyone else a bit ****ed that local suppliers are gouging(sp?). We only have one local shop that is keeping any regular inventory, but he has raised his powder prices to $29+ a pound, and even charges that much when you buy the 5/8lb containers. When he can get primers he charges over $7/100. This is a 50%+ increase on the powder and 100% on the primers. If they where nice and helpful local shop I might not mind, but they can be obnoxious pricks most of the time so I just hate to give them my business, but don't have an alternative.

He may have bought them back when everyone was rushing to buy all they could I payed $50 for 1000 fed215m primers so if i wanted to sell them I would have to charege $2.00 more per hundred to make 20.00 dollars that would equal $70.00 ,that's only if I had bought them from someone face to face .It would be more if the shipping charge of primers were figured in! Just another way to look at it.

Bigbuck

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.