Powder and Primers

quigley257

It's definitely getting better as far as supply goes. Demand is still high which is keeping prices elevated. Just today I checked on Powder Valley and was pleased to see 93 different powders and a dozen different primers in stock. Not necessarily the ones we as long range shooters want or need, but they're starting to appear more frequently. I recently got a bit of RL26 from one of our distributors. GM215Ms have been popping up, and H1000 is making appearances lately. It's going to be a while before things stabilize, but the signs are there. Good luck in your searches!

Went to my local store and walked out a lot poorer. I now have the entire VV line except 3 powders I would never use. Hodgdon and their entire monopoly has now been completely phased out of my cabinet. I'm about half way to finishing redeveloping all my loads for all my guns for the VV line.

Thats good to hear. Our local shop is loaded also but like you said, the popular ones are still missing. Lots of IMR, Ramshot, Accurate, VV, Hodgdon but little extreme powders. Hardly any primers but tons of bullets

Stopped by the local sportsmans warehouse today and looked at their powder list. I got all excited because I saw an 8lb keg of RL23 on the list. I told the guy I'd take it and he came back with it. I was ecstatic until I asked him how much it was. He said $444. I said "what?!" He said yea let me check the price on it because that seems high. Sure enough, it was $444. I said thanks for the help but no thanks on the powder.

Stopped by the local sportsmans warehouse today and looked at their powder list. I got all excited because I saw an 8lb keg of RL23 on the list. I told the guy I'd take it and he came back with it. I was ecstatic until I asked him how much it was. He said $444. I said "what?!" He said yea let me check the price on it because that seems high. Sure enough, it was $444. I said thanks for the help but no thanks on the powder.
ThinkN $55 to $62 bucks a pound might be a new normal for some of those powders.