Unpacking The Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph

Up until a few months ago the LR was the knees bees
Now some fools are trashing the LR just because Garmin came out with a small unit. Yes I agree that it is smaller and maybe easier to operate. I don't see reloaders taking their Prometheus and getting rid of them when the V2, v3V v4 and ST came out. Same with the AMPII, Annie didn't over come it.
If anyone doesn't want their LR and wants to throw it away. I will be glad to take it.

You seem upset that people like the form factor, ease of use and reliability of the Garmin. The LR does a good job. When it wants to. If you do everything just right. It is bulky, temperamental and battery hungry. The new Garmin is just flat out easy, convenient and reliable. I don't see a lot of LR trashing going on. No one is making anybody switch. LR should have listened to its customers and responded like they wanted to help and improve their products. They didn't.

You seem upset that people like the form factor, ease of use and reliability of the Garmin. The LR does a good job. When it wants to. If you do everything just right. It is bulky, temperamental and battery hungry. The new Garmin is just flat out easy, convenient and reliable. I don't see a lot of LR trashing going on. No one is making anybody switch. LR should have listened to its customers and responded like they wanted to help and improve their products. They didn't.
Matthew
I am far from upset. You are interpreting what I posted incorrectly. I think that getting new products and innovation is great for everything and especially our sport. Just don't understand why a lot of people are jumping on the band wagon "Bashing" LabRadar.

Up until the Garmon XERO came out the LabRadar was the chronograph that mostly all shooters wanted (and lucky to afford) to have.
Was it not a really good tool to have for working up loads and determining you ballistics for your rifle and cartridges used???
How did that change and the Labradar is not a very useful tool along with the worth of it greatly diminishing.
I think that the LabRadar is still a very good product and tool to be used.
YES the Garmin is now the newest greatest tool that we all can use. Jill and I recently purchased a XERO and from all the reviews we read it will be a very good tool to use.. I can't wait to see how it preforms.
Thanks for your comments
Len

Ya just can't beat the Zero for ease of set up and use, and safety vs. having to be out in front of the range line to set up an old chrono. Not as much of an issue w lab radar, but it is just so quick and easy.

The only 2 faults are it cannot record down range velocity to True BC which lab radar does, and the synch between phone app shot view and the zero is not active in real time. It only works once the shot string is final in the zero, then can be synched and transferred to shot view to see, work with there.

It needs software upgrade to grab downrange velocity, and bluetooth real time synch to shot view so you can see it on the phone or tablet in real time too.

Those 2 things will make it definitively invincible as the go to chrono.

But I like to just set it down and start shooting. 🙂

Found this IG post funny, nothing like getting trolled on your own sale post

IMG_1828.jpeg
IMG_1829.jpeg

I've had the Lab Radar for a few years, I don't know what the complaint about battery life is all about. Yes it eats up regular batteries, but for $20-$30 you can buy a cell phone usb battery pac charger that will last all day at the Range and recharge it. And I have talked to the Guys several times at LR and they have been terrific in helping me. Don't get me wrong I love Garmin products and have been using them for 40 plus years in my Airplane. Yes I'am getting the Zero too. As I will put it beside my Chrony, My MagnetoSpeed and my LR. Which all served me well.

I've had the Lab Radar for a few years, I don't know what the complaint about battery life is all about. Yes it eats up regular batteries, but for $20-$30 you can buy a cell phone usb battery pac charger that will last all day at the Range and recharge it. And I have talked to the Guys several times at LR and they have been terrific in helping me. Don't get me wrong I love Garmin products and have been using them for 40 plus years in my Airplane. Yes I'am getting the Zero too. As I will put it beside my Chrony, My MagnetoSpeed and my LR. Which all served me well.

Regarding the external battery - more than one poster damaged their LabRadar by using a cheap Chinese battery from Amazon. Buy the LabRadar battery unless you are sure the aftermarket battery will meet specs. I had the LabRadar ext battery. I would run the unit for about 3hrs when at the range. I could go 3 days (3hrs per day) before it needed recharging. Use the magnetic USB charging wires and make life even easier.

PROS AND CONS OF THE GARMIN EXRO

PROS
it is small - to carry

CONS
It is small- need to connect to a Tablet to see a decent size screen for the data,

The specs say the unit can be 5"-15" behind the muzzle. That should put the small Garmin display right in your face. Even Stevie Wonder should be able to see that. LOL

Has anyone compared the Garmin to the FX Outdoors? I have used both the FX unit and the Lab Radar quite extensively and I prefer the FX for many reasons, but the LR is still a good unit. I haven't seen any good comparisions between the FX and the Garmin yet.