Garmin xero

I know.Kind of waiting for the Calwell Chirp Crono to come out.They say second quarter of 2024.I guess June or July will be a release date.
I can wait. Until I hear actual reviews I won't get too excited.
Hey Mike,

I can't say how much, but if you send us an email or call the shop, I could get you a Garmin deal too sweet to pass up. It is reloading season as you say haha

Yes the VelociRadar! I have heard about this since last year and I waited and waited and finally said,I need to get something NOW so I got the Garmin.
I will contact you before I buy anything in the future.
Edit to add:You need to post more so you can get your post numbers up so I can PM you.

Yes the VelociRadar! I have heard about this since last year and I waited and waited and finally said,I need to get something NOW so I got the Garmin.
I will contact you before I buy anything in the future.
Edit to add:You need to post more so you can get your post numbers up so I can PM you.
Yeah, I'm brand new, and figuring out how it all works. I'm on Sniper's Hide as Flogain. Shop email is [email protected] feel free to send me a note. We sell anything from mags, rifles, reloading, and $20K night vision haha. Anything you need, reach out and I will take care of you personally.

Was at the range the other day and a fellow shooter saw me setting up my optical chrono and kindly offered to let me try his Garmin. He set it up for me in less than a minute and I started shooting. The Garmin worked great and never missed a shot. The optical was set up about 10 ft in front of the bench. My question is the optical was very consistently 20 fps faster than the read on the Garmin, not sure if my optical was blocking the Garmin so it was picking up the bullet farther out or if others have noticed similar reads.

Was at the range the other day and a fellow shooter saw me setting up my optical chrono and kindly offered to let me try his Garmin. He set it up for me in less than a minute and I started shooting. The Garmin worked great and never missed a shot. The optical was set up about 10 ft in front of the bench. My question is the optical was very consistently 20 fps faster than the read on the Garmin, not sure if my optical was blocking the Garmin so it was picking up the bullet farther out or if others have noticed similar reads.
Unlikely. Optical chronographs need perfect lighting to be correct. Ideally, you place them inside a light proof box with special lights. Everything from the angle of the sun, to the clouds can effect the reading. Also the smaller they are, the more precise you have to be in the screen distance. This is why the lab versions are 4 feet long or even longer. When running the smaller ones even the slightest change in distance will change the velocity reading.

Thanks for the replies, that was my thought as well, trusting the Garmin over my PIA optical. As a side note a gust of wind blew one of the light shields off the chrono about 15 shots in, didn't want to stop the line to reset continued shooting with the Garmin, another reason why it's time to upgrade. will definitely be buying a Garmin as soon as funds are available.