Unable to Extract 6.5 PRC Case from Die

General RE LEE

I'm usually able to extract a stuck case from a die but I've got a 6.5 PRC case stuck in a Hornady die that is really stuck.

When I try to torque down the allen bolt to get the case moving out of the die it won't budge.

Has anyone gotten a case stuck that will not budge with a case removal tool?

Imperial sizing wax is what I use. 3rd firing on Hornady 6.5 PRC case. They are always very tough to work in die.

I'm usually able to extract a stuck case from a die but I've got a 6.5 PRC case stuck in a Hornady die that is really stuck.

When I try to torque down the allen bolt to get the case moving out of the die it won't budge.

Throw it in the freezer awhile then try it. David

Impact on the allen screw? Seriously. Had to do it once with a .300RUM case. That is a lot of case wall to stick, and.it worked.

Thanks Lance but unfortunately don't have an impact driver. I'll see what I can come up with or I'll just ship it back to Hornady and have them get it out and re-hone the die.

I use the RCBS stuck case remover, nothing else worked. I've also ruined dies trying to get the case out without the case remover.

Imperial sizing wax is what I use. 3rd firing on Hornady 6.5 PRC case. They are always very tough to work in die.
Hornady brass can be very hard and hornady dies can have poor internal surface finish, combining in a very stuck case…. Hornady made the dies for my wildcat chamberings for many years and the last couple years they did, nearly 50% of the dies i would receive, i rejected because of poor internal finish or some other issue in quality. Got to a point i dropped them because of it.

hate to say it but get a different brand of brass if you can and get a higher quality set of dies. May be needed anyway as it sounds like your case is pretty happy where it currently is….

get some lapua brass, a redding FL sizing die and a forster ultra BR seater die and you will be set for quality ammo.

Fiftydriver I hate to hear that.I just bought a new 10mm pistol and the only dies I could find here in Helena were Hornady.
I hope they read your post and turned over a new leaf on life and dies.I looked inside and they look fine with a flashlight but I'll plug the Teslong bore scope charge it up and check it out.