6.5 PRC Extraction Problem

texagvet23

I would like to get some advice on a problem I am having with my 6.5 PRC. My load is 156 Berger, 215M, ADG brass, and 59.1 Retumbo at 2.975 (long action). I am on my 2nd-3rd reload on this brass. I am having no pressure signs at all, but I am having some severe extraction problems. No heavy bolt lift or effects on accuracy, but I am having a problem getting the bolt to pull back after lifting it. I have tried to measure for differences, but I cannot find any real differences. I thought it was a carbon ring, so I cleaned with CLR to try to remove it. It was good for a few shots, and then the extraction problem started again. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Many of the PRC dies dont size down the brass enough and this is pretty common when that happens.
I read all of that stuff and assumed since I didn't have any clicking that it was not the problem. I'll try some new brass and see if that resolves the problem

Most likely your die is not sizing the case far enough down the case, after several firings its getting to tight. What brand die?

Sometimes there will be very very little sign on the brass but it's just barely smaller than the chamber and causes the friction. I've had it happen with 300 and 6.5.

If you're not getting the dreaded clicker sound it just means it's not popping the brass loose from the chamber. Are you having to tap or smack the bolt rearward to eject the brass? Or is it partially extracted already and then you're tapping or smacking it rearward. Are you shooting it suppressed?

If you're not getting the dreaded clicker sound it just means it's not popping the brass loose from the chamber. Are you having to tap or smack the bolt rearward to eject the brass? Or is it partially extracted already and then you're tapping or smacking it rearward. Are you shooting it suppressed?
It is not partially extracted so I'm having to smack the hold rearward with increasing difficulty. I am shooting suppressed, and this rifle has had carbon on the necks since day one, suppressed and unsuppressed.