two gun battery - getting rid of my menagerie

Here is the Merkel Helix in action under a driven hunt on adult wild boars in Romania. Among them the incredible shooter and German prince, and a awesome shooting American "hunting - lady". It's a trailer of the newest huntingfilm (Nr.5) showing fantastic scenes of driven hunts in marvellous Eastern European nature.

There are so many fine models of the Helix to find in both wooden and composite stocks. I like them as much as @WildRose does, because they are simply great looking. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the Merkel Helix in action under a driven hunt on adult wild boars in Romania. Among them the incredible shooter and German prince, and a awesome shooting American "hunting - lady". It's a trailer of the newest huntingfilm (Nr.5) showing fantastic scenes of driven hunts in marvellous Eastern European nature.

Wild Boar Fever 5 part.4 - YouTube

There are so many fine models of the Helix to find in both wooden and composite stocks. I like them as much as @Wildrose does, because they are simply great looking. :)
It's not the most beautiful rifle I ever saw, I just don't see the ugly. Honestly it's what I expect in any German firearm, pure functionality, great craftsmanship and engineering with great wood.

It looks like a pregnant fish to me, bulbous forward of the trigger guard. I also don't like the length of the action, fast to manipulate but very physically long which doesn't make for a compact rifle. It's a good thing we don't all have the same opinion though.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.