Tripod Shot Positions and Western Hunting

Tagging in…just got back from mule deer hunting in Nevada and what an education on tripods, as you are glassing all the time and long distances n I have a lot to learn
It is a valuable tool if you have the room and ability to pack it. Shooting sticks, mono sticks, walking sticks, tree branch's, back packs with frames, etc can all become a platform for the rifle or glassing optics. When using spotting scopes a tripod is almost a necessity tho. I have a rail mount for my tripod where I can have 2 devices mounted: bino, camera, spotting scope, thermal, rifle.... I like the spotter/bino combo. Bino for locating and spotter for identification of trophy etc. Lots of possibilities. One thing many don't know is a tripod leg can be used for rear rear support as well. I learned this shooting PRS comps. Front of the rifle is on a barricade of some sort (log, rock, etc) and use the tripod for rear. It's very effective and fast to deploy.

Rather that a bunch of cheap Amazon aluminum adapters, clamps, and swivels wouldn't you be better off to just get a plastic Y fork to clamp into the top of your tripod.
Clamping the rifle directky in via ARCA is far steadier than a "y" fork adaptor. If not clamping, dropping a bag like a GameChanger on top of the tripod head works great too. For me, the tripod serves many purposes (binos, spotter, rifle, awning support for Cimarron, gravity water filter stand...) but if I didn't feel the need to bring it and wanted to save extra weight, shooting of crossed trekking poles with the rifle on the straps works great too.