TRIGGERS

For a precision rifle I'd much rather have a 2 stage trigger. It's easier for me to tell when a 2 stage is going to break than a single stage, and taking up the first stage gives me a final mental step in my shot process. On a semi auto I get better splits with a single stage, so for a run-and-gun situation I'd take a single stage. If I had to choose 1 for all my guns it'd be 2 stage. I'm only slightly faster with a single stage and do more precision shooting.

I don't differentiate weight based on range/hunting. If a few ounces on the trigger causes a safety problem you've already royally messed up and it's sheer luck that the heavier trigger saved you. I value the consistency of setting all my triggers the same. All my bolt guns have Triggertech Specials set as low as I can get them. They're specced at 8/8oz, but based in my measurement they're more like 6/6.

That said I mostly hunt with handguns that have single stage triggers. My revolvers are all right at 2lb, and my single shot is a hair over 1lb. If I could get a 2 stage, 6/6oz trigger on the single shot I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Not sure I add much here. I have triggers from 1.5oz to 5lbs on long guns. Anything over about 3lbs unusable for precision work. I like 3-3.5lbs on a short range rifle. Under 200 yards.

I like my long range guns set around 1-2 lbs. In cooler hunting, 2lbs is about right. It is nice to be able to touch without firing it in cold weather!

My favorites are Jewell. Timney works too. Heck, I'm even like Triggertech! Jard can work. I'm not really a trigger snob unless the feel is poor,

All of my precision rifles have Jewel triggers set to lowest safe let off.
My 3 comp actions also have Jewel. My CZ 550 has a set trigger worked over in the states by a well known 'smith.
I have Calvin Elite and Timney on my hunting rigs, and my Sako L461 Vixen in 222 has a Canjar set trigger, let off on set is in 100th of grams.
I really like Jewel trigger simplicity…they just work.

Cheers.

My LR hunters have triggers are generally set from 1.5-2.5#, with an over-travel capability. If a 2 stage is available for the particular rifle, this design is my preference for it's "set-up" characteristics, and improved control in freezing temps which is typical for much of my hunting. My favorite trigger is the Huber 2 stage(50:50).

I'm not brand loyal when it comes to triggers as long as I can get a clean crisp break I'm good with it. I like my hunting rifles set between 1-2 lbs. all single stage except a couple of AR 15's. The single exception is my .375 H&H and it is set to 3 lbs. it is shootable off hand at ranges suitable for the .375 and it worked very well on the buff in my avatar.

Jewel is all I have had much experience with, but since they have a manufacturing issue, I have two TT Diamond I plan to install on the two I am building. I hope they are as crisp as the Jewel I have been using. To me, for the money, Jewel is a great buy for as low as you can set them.

I'm surprised there were so many running the really light triggers on hunting rifles.
For me, I generally run them in the 2-3# range because my rifle hunting is often late season so could be either side of zero temp wise.
I have no experience with 2 stage triggers, so maybe I'll have to try one at some point.

Most of my rifles have Timney triggers. Set just over 2 pounds. As has been said, cold weather in Wyoming can be a factor. And sometimes things happen quickly, so you may have a glove on. Seems like less than 2 pounds on a trigger and gloves have been a marginal combination in my experience.

I'm not a trigger snob either. Timney, TT or Jewel catch almost all the rifles I do. All function well and do the job.

I use Timney in my hunting rifles, most set at 2lbs, single stag. My pd rifle is a Timney 2 stage.
Target rifles are a mix of B & A, Jewel and Timney. Just depends on what strikes me, when I need/want a trigger.

What do you like better, and money is no object, for A TRIGGER in you rifle.
Single Stage of Double Stage???
Each SET at under one pound or higher if hunting.
WHY WHY WHY
PROS & CONS
Single stage! My favorites in order would be
Jewel
Jewel
Trigger tech diamond
Trigger tech special
Elftman Tactical
Trigger tech primary
Bold
Timney