TRIGGERS

It may boil down to personal choice or what you are used to.

I can't stand a two-stage trigger, long-time bench rest shooter, and varmint hunter. I like very light triggers and my long-range hunting rifle triggers at 12oz to 16 oz. People are very different in their likes, and I would not let anyone borrow a rifle of mine due to the light triggers.

The best trigger I ever used was an Anschutz 5018 (2-stage).
Since I can't get that on anything not designed for it, I'm left with Jewel and B&A, always set to lowest safe settings for the action(~2-8oz).

I can't stand a heavy trigger pull, and/or creep, with any rifle for any purpose.
I prefer higher travel than shorter so that I don't jab at it. Just a pleasant glassy smooth squeeze.

The best trigger I ever used was an Anschutz 5018 (2-stage).
Since I can't get that on anything not designed for it, I'm left with Jewel and B&A, always set to lowest safe settings for the action(~2-8oz).

I can't stand a heavy trigger pull, and/or creep, with any rifle for any purpose.
I prefer higher travel than shorter so that I don't jab at it. Just a pleasant glassy smooth squeeze.
Me too! Can't heavy trigger pulls. I did some target shooting a Ruger Mk 11 in 338WM. It had an 8lbs trigger in it. My friend couldn't afford a trigger. So I put one in for him and me. Put together some great groups with that rifle. I got buy it some year later. Put a muzzle brake on it. It's my go to rifle now. 200gr AB @ 3230fps. At the time BTBT in 200gr Noslers.