TRIGGERS

Bix n Andy
Jewel
Trigger Tech
Timney. All single stage, target and varmint 12 to 16. Oz. Hunting 1.5lbs.
As far as stages a person needs to get used to one or the other. You can mix , and I did once. And it went bang before I was ready. So all are single stage. Hope this helps. 🤓

What do you like better, and money is no object, for A TRIGGER in you rifle.
Single Stage of Double Stage???
Each SET at under one pound or higher if hunting.
WHY WHY WHY
PROS & CONS
I use single stage in all mine. 8oz in my bolt guns and 3.5 -4 pound in my ARs. Too low setting on my ARs can be problematic and dangerous if your not on top of it every second. Don't need that hassle (ND). But that's just me.

I like single stage set to 1-1.5 lbs. trigger tech is my go to. I have a couple of Timney's as well, but prefer the trigger tech.

Last edited:
I have a.270 with what I always thought was too light a trigger and its at about 20 ounces.
Of the triggers you have, which is your favorite?

All of my precision rifles have Jewel triggers set to lowest safe let off.
My 3 comp actions also have Jewel. My CZ 550 has a set trigger worked over in the states by a well known 'smith.
I have Calvin Elite and Timney on my hunting rigs, and my Sako L461 Vixen in 222 has a Canjar set trigger, let off on set is in 100th of grams.
I really like Jewel trigger simplicity…they just work.

Cheers.
Owned several CZ 550 ! Have a 527 and 453 at the present. Shame CZ did away with the single set triggers. Main trigger on both are just over 1#. And set is 3 OZ.They were very easy to adjust. Going to miss them.

What do you like better, and money is no object, for A TRIGGER in you rifle.
Single Stage of Double Stage???
Each SET at under one pound or higher if hunting.
WHY WHY WHY
PROS & CONS
I regularly shoot both single and double stage triggers so am used to both of them and depending on which firearm I am using. MSR type firearms all come with double stage triggers, which is somewhat of a safety feature, not only on MSR types but all different firearms using a double stage trigger. The double stage allows you to take up the slack and finalize your sight alignment, do the breathing before you initiate the final trigger press. Trigger pulls on semi automatic firearms should be set to at least 4.5 pounds for safety reasons. It is too easy to accidentally press the trigger during the recoil, especially if you are wearing gloves.

As for single stage triggers my other rifles all are single stage. The major downfall of the single stage trigger is that it is too easy for the gun to inadvertently discharge, especially if the trigger pull is set too light and even more so when wearing gloves. I have my single stage triggers set to 2.5 to 3.0 pounds. While this does not require a significant amount of pressure during a trigger press to fire the firearm it does give some margin of error while in the process of aligning the sights and the time you actually want the firearm to discharge.

The name of the game is SAFETY!! a trigger of either type set too light is an invitation for an unintentional discharge of the firearm. For those of you who have your trigger set to ounces instead of pounds and maybe ounces how would it feel to have a buck or elk of a lifetime or maybe even a new record and as you are setting up for the shot inadvertently cause the firearm to discharge before you were ready. What would you be thinking as you watch the trophy run off in the distance. I know people who espoused to the light trigger pulls that this has happened to. Simply stated, "Be safe or be sorry,"