Trigger recommendations

208STLHD

I'm in the market for a trigger for a 700. I've been looking at the 200 dollar range. The three I'm most interested in are the timney hit, bix n Andy Dakota, and triggertech special. Looking for opinions on these are any other triggers in the price range. Does need safety and bolt release.

TT for sure!
We use TT - easy to get and great.
Use Bix Andy & TT in comp rifles
Jewell is a great trigger, but they went out of business.
I hate that jewell went out of business. I've only used them since I first started getting custom rifles built. I replaced every trigger in my factory guns with them also. Luckily my gunsmith told me I should buy a few extras a couple years ago so I did and have 3 new ones waiting for hosts. But after those I'm gunna have to switch or start taking triggers from guns I don't shoot very often. Hopefully they are just restructuring and start back up. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

My seekins rifle has a tt primary in it and I'm not the impressed with it. It has noticeable amount of creep and the blade is a little thin for my taste. Are the special triggers better than the primary other than going to a lower pull weight? I can live with the blade if it's a better trigger.

I hate that jewell went out of business. I've only used them since I first started getting custom rifles built. I replaced every trigger in my factory guns with them also. Luckily my gunsmith told me I should buy a few extras a couple years ago so I did and have 3 new ones waiting for hosts. But after those I'm gunna have to switch or start taking triggers from guns I don't shoot very often. Hopefully they are just restructuring and start back up. 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Jewell will last a long time so don't worry about parts. We have several Jewel and the only thing is if you want to change out the spring and don't have a A, B, C they are hard to find.

My seekins rifle has a tt primary in it and I'm not the impressed with it. It has noticeable amount of creep and the blade is a little thin for my taste. Are the special triggers better than the primary other than going to a lower pull weight? I can live with the blade if it's a better trigger.
There is a big difference from the TT Primary to TT Special , to TT Diamond.
TT Diamond is TOP Tier.
We were trying to sell TT Triggers to members at our COST to help out, but almost lost our Dealership. We have to sell at TT MSRP Price.
Boy trying to help out members. Like the saying goes. "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"

I'd say If your TT has any creep send it back. I have the Special, Primary and Diamond. I purchased based on desired pull weight, none of them creep. I just picked up a TT AR-15 Diamond, 1.5 to 4.0 LBS.. Haven't used the AR yet but I'm expecting to be great.

Call them and get a new one, unless you're running under 2# then call them and get a Special.

I will say I don't think you're wrong at all - I can really, really, really work at getting creep on almost any trigger - that comes from shooting a lot of 2oz benchrest triggers that a happy thought makes go off. Things you can't hardly touch without sending them. Pretty much any trigger adjusted to the very bottom of it's range will get a hitch in it, and I stopped buying TT Primarys because of it. I'd rather turn up a Special than down a Primary. But in the grand scheme TT is probably the best I've ever shot overall.

(Barring an actual issue with the trigger) If you can feel any creep, it's time to move to the next level of trigger weight IMO. The TT Primary uner 2# is pretty agressive in terms of going very light on spring weight. It's like a torque wrecnh - if it's advertiesd as being accurate at 20% of SCALE it doesn't matter if they market as a 5-80 or a 20-80, 16 is the realistic bottom end for the 3%CCW/4%CW rating. Same for triggers, look at the max pull weight they spec and work down from there. TT Diamond is max 32 oz and my Bix'n'Andy is max 28oz. Makes a difference when going for the bottom end.

Last edited:
A LRH member just sold (3) JEWEL triggers here. I would have liked to purchase them but someone already got them and the cost was $$$ HVRTS. BUT GREAT Triggers and you can't get them. I heard that the SON of the owner is supposed to take over the company and start manufacturing again. Heck they should have all the machinery and stock parts, but if they closed down probably lost all employees. Also I "Heard" that some parts were outsourced outside of the US and they could not receive these critical parts anymore. Why didn't they get s US based CO to manufacture the parts??? Answer - probably due to the insurance and liberal laws it is not worth the problems to manufacture firearm parts in the US. I know about Insurance Coverage and worked for several top National companies and one Internation (#6 in the World). Anything to do with firearms or parts the insurance goes to a Specialty Dept. and they charge $$$$$$$ or reject the coverage.
If you can get a Jewel HVRBR with a safety or not and it has A/B/C springs -BUY IT!!!!

I'm in the market for a trigger for a 700. I've been looking at the 200 dollar range. The three I'm most interested in are the timney hit, bix n Andy Dakota, and triggertech special. Looking for opinions on these are any other triggers in the price range. Does need safety and bolt release.
Send us a PM if you want a TT or to talk about triggers. We may be able to help you. Pick out what model you want and see what the going rates on retailers are.
Len & Jill