Trigger Freezing up on Hunts

FlatCreekPrecision

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Looking for feedback on anyone who has experienced there trigger freezing on a hunt, whether it was a factory trigger or aftermarket, I'm trying to find as much as I can on this topic to build an Ultimate All Weather rifle, I'm leaning to use Satterlee Mauser action? But would like the option to use defiance Deviant CRF also, has anyone had a TriggerTech Freeze???

Never. Not once. Under less than full blown artic conditions it's completely avoidable. Run Ronsonol lighter fluid thru "pill box" fire control units, blow dry with canned air. That'll remove all crud that has seeped into it over time that could freeze up or catch and retain moisture. Or get a rifle with a pre-64 Winchester type trigger they're completely bullet proof.

I have not had this happen. My understanding is if it's wet/condensation/rain then freezes the problem can present or freezing to warm/damp then freezing. Older Winchester 70 style with the totally open trigger and sear was traditionally the best to not have it happen. Triggertech would be less likely than other enclosed because of how they break with the sear. It would be pretty sever conditions for it to happen.

Never. Not once. Under less than full blown artic conditions it's completely avoidable. Run Ronsonol lighter fluid thru "pill box" fire control units, blow dry with canned air. That'll remove all crud that has seeped into it over time that could freeze up or catch and retain moisture. Or get a rifle with a pre-64 Winchester type trigger they're completely bullet proof.
Perfect answer!

Looking for feedback on anyone who has experienced there trigger freezing on a hunt, whether it was a factory trigger or aftermarket, I'm trying to find as much as I can on this topic to build an Ultimate All Weather rifle, I'm leaning to use Satterlee Mauser action? But would like the option to use defiance Deviant CRF also, has anyone had a TriggerTech Freeze???
a lot of new hunters to Alaska, have there rifles freeze up firing pin springs bolts ect when they try a winter boo hunt at -40 below of colder degrease them no oil at all just lube the lugs only with a high grade arctic grease, very lightly and do not take gun in to where it gets warm leave in cold only

I had a trigger freeze on an A Bolt Browning. It was well below freezing in the morning but the sun came out and the snow on the trees began dripping. Some of it got into my rifle and when the sun went down, which it does early in December, the temperature dropped back deep in the minus category. I didn't realize it until I jumped a large buck and tried to shoot at him. The trigger wouldn't pull so I worked the action and tried again. This time I pulled really hard on the trigger and it worked. Fortunately the buck was patiently standing there while I did all this and I was able to put him down. I cleaned up the trigger later at home and it wasn't too dirty so it must have been the water dripping off the trees. It never happened again.

I had trigger malfunction on my first Stone Sheep hunt. It was a nightmare. It was a factory tinkered with Browning Trigger and it suddenly wouldn't consistently go off or even hang fire. I discovered later it was due to rain and rust!
We were a day into the bush from our base camp and we had a Grizzly come into our camp that morning. I'm afraid if he would have charged me, I wouldn't be here to post this response. Ultimately we didn't see any legal rams but I couldn't have shot one if we did.
I didn't even think about bringing oil in my pack. I do now!