Tough way to go out. Mountain lion attack

Taken in L.A. No, not California, Lower Alabama. Birddog 68's key word in quote is supposedly. You wouldn't believe what the state wildlife biologists told me when I sent the pic to them. Basically, they're denying it's a large cat. Probably because they don't want to alarm the public, and some redneck shoot it. After his reply, I sent second pic of the long tail swooping to the ground. No other reply from him….nothing! Which is more alarming, the cat population, or policies which have state officials lying?
Not the first cat I've seen. Nearly all at night. One at 11 a.m. at 110 yards through 9x optic. Cat turned and looked at me, and without crouching, leaped from the middle of the dirt road slam out of sight. 15' feet at the very least. Very impressive beast!
My friend works in a well populated area in PA and told me that a mountain lion ran across traffic near where he works. Broad daylight and the local news were there afterwards along with the game commission. His explanation was it must have been a pet that escaped since PA has no mountain lions. 🙄

My friend works in a well populated area in PA and told me that a mountain lion ran across traffic near where he works. Broad daylight and the local news were there afterwards along with the game commission. His explanation was it must have been a pet that escaped since PA has no mountain lions. 🙄
We have the same problem in Virginia. Our state government claims that there are no mountain lions in Virginia.

I guess the mountain lions that are being spotted or just visiting from neighboring states. 🤪🤣

Yes sir! We need to institute an electoral college type voting scheme at all levels... otherwise it's basically mob rule
I would be happy with HONEST elections. In case you didn't know.

Attachments

• ES&S SCREENSHOT ELECTIONS.png
    ES&S SCREENSHOT ELECTIONS.png
    130 KB · Views: 27
  • IT-ISAC SCREENSHOT.png
    IT-ISAC SCREENSHOT.png
    286.4 KB · Views: 26
  • $5 Trillion info sharing.PNG
    $5 Trillion info sharing.PNG
    88.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IT=ISAC Roadmap to election.PNG
    IT=ISAC Roadmap to election.PNG
    105.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IT-ISAC MEMBERS.PNG
    IT-ISAC MEMBERS.PNG
    164.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IT-ISAC BEN CARR & BILL GATES.PNG
    IT-ISAC BEN CARR & BILL GATES.PNG
    64.6 KB · Views: 24
Is it not legal to pack a pistol in California if there are ongoing seasons? I used to never pack while shed hunting but after a few close calls with black bears and a wounded cougar I always pack something
Last I checked open carry is fine year round in the woods except during archery season for big game

In Louisiana last I know of, it's only legal to carry a 22 with rat shot during bow season. For snakes. Like that's the only danger in the woods. Never mind the hogs and bears. Most residents in this state think bears are cute and cuddle and would never attack a human.
And last I heard and read on state and federal land no side arm. Unless you're a commissioned officer.

I was recently in west Texas when this cat showed up on one of our cameras, I sat in the box blind one evening with a caller going with female cat calls for 5 hours and no show , switched to a fawn bleat and after a half hour decided to pack it in , after 3 minutes that the caller was off , this cat seemed to have fallen out of the sky and landed 45 feet in front of the box blind, full moon so it was fairly light out . I leveled the cross hairs on the shoulder and the cat went airborne and land 30 ft away. This cat jumped in front of me without a sound, no doubt you could not defend yourself much if it jumped on you.

Attachments

• IMG_5497.png
    IMG_5497.png
    249.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5494.jpeg
    IMG_5494.jpeg
    511.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5485.jpeg
    IMG_5485.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 33
Now you shouldn't talk bad about Texans. My wife is from Texas.

I challenge you to go park in East St Louis, walk one mile and return. If you make it back, your vehicle won't be there! I'd much rather take a two mile walk in lion country.
My dad had a joke about Texas: "How do you find Texas? Walk west till you smell it, then south till you step in it." Nothing relevant, just taking a minute to remember good old dad.

Getting back to relevant items, I agree with your walking challenge but I've been to places in Houston that are just as bad.

My dad had a joke about Texas: "How do you find Texas? Walk west till you smell it, then south till you step in it." Nothing relevant, just taking a minute to remember good old dad.

Getting back to relevant items, I agree with your walking challenge but I've been to places in Houston that are just as bad.
And walk East until you meet Budreaux and walk North until your IQ drops 20 points, lol!

No offense to my Okie friends, this is always funny to me!

In Louisiana last I know of, it's only legal to carry a 22 with rat shot during bow season. For snakes. Like that's the only danger in the woods. Never mind the hogs and bears. Most residents in this state think bears are cute and cuddle and would never attack a human.
And last I heard and read on state and federal land no side arm. Unless you're a commissioned officer.
Surprisingly here in Pa we're allowed to carry during bow season if you have a concealed carry permit. From my understanding you must carry concealed and not open carry which is ridiculous IMO but at least we're allowed.

And walk East until you meet Budreaux and walk North until your IQ drops 20 points, lol!

No offense to my Okie friends, this is always funny to me!
Being full of it isn't necessarily a bad thing, I've just found it is just a trait common to most Texans; they are usually going to be good company going out to supper or drinks after work. I particularly enjoy cutting off everyone at the table to ask one guy I work with who is a Texan and Marine (the crossfit of the armed services) "How do they do it in Texas?" since we all know at this point everything is better in Texas.

Surprisingly here in Pa we're allowed to carry during bow season if you have a concealed carry permit. From my understanding you must carry concealed and not open carry which is ridiculous IMO but at least we're allowed.
Constitutional carry here. We can Carry concealed or open anywhere including bowhunting. Az. you can also. I have a CCW thats good in 37 states. I bet you can guess which states don't honor it.... 🤮

Constitutional carry here. We can Carry concealed or open anywhere including bowhunting. Az. you can also. I have a CCW thats good in 37 states. I bet you can guess which states don't honor it.... 🤮
Yes we're part of the 37 also. I checked before my last trip out your way and I was surprised ——— isn't included in the 37. Of course we can guess the others.
Edited out bad info.

Last edited: