Tough way to go out. Mountain lion attack

My condolences go out to the family and friends. Not much you can do in a backwards liberal blue state, they've outlawed the taking of bobcats now too. We just lost an elderly woman out picking mushrooms a couple months ago, I told my wife then it could've been a lion attack since they found her vehicle but never recovered her body.

I wish they would have reintroduced the grizzles in California first...

Shame it got kids out shed hunting, never seems to effect the ones who have the bad policy. Wish it would have been trapped and released in LA county, let them deal for a while with the fruit of bad policy. Can't imagine being 18 and 21 here and not being armed in the woods...

Yup unfortunately this is only gonna get worse considering the wolf packs are growing out here as well. The predator management in California is a freaking joke. If I were a betting man I'm guessing the grizzlies will get reintroduced to California again

I'd much prefer to see a few grizzlies than a lot of wolves or big cats. Wolves reproduce exponentially, cats pretty darn fast, while bears do so at a much slower rate!

The best way yo solve these and many other problems in "blue states" has nothing to do with animal control…..well, at least not the 4-legged, fur bearing kinds! 🤔😉 memtb

According to the report, locals say it's not unusual to see 2-3 of them at a time.
I found this pretty strange. I always thought mountain lions were solitary animals except for breeding season.
Of course I wouldn't know since I live in a eastern state that supposedly hasn't had a population of them for well over 50 years.

I'd much prefer to see a few grizzlies than a lot of wolves or big cats. Wolves reproduce exponentially, cats pretty darn fast, while bears do so at a much slower rate!

The best way yo solve these and many other problems in "blue states" has nothing to do with animal control…..well, at least not the 4-legged, fur bearing kinds! 🤔😉 memtb
There are grey wolves in Cali too.

I know the California grizzly is extinct allegedly, but when I was stationed out there, I was hunting in a canyon with my wife and brother in law, and im 90% sure we bumped a California grizzly maybe 2 ish miles from a wildlife research facility in kern county.

I've hunted in brown bear and grizzly country, I know what they look like.

Just because we have altered predators behavior with hunting doesn't mean we are off the menu. It is a learned behavior not to hunt and eat people. Remove hunting that instills fear/survival instinct/behavior and you are back on the easy to catch and kill menu just like domestic animals "easy prey"