best 6mm bullet to preserve pelt of Mountain Lion

Tragik

I recently purchased a cheap savage bolt action that was a really good deal. It's chambered 6mm ARC and dedicated to mountain lion hunting (and maybe a bit of range time). I'll be handloading. Any recommendations for the best bullet to preserve the pelt - I won't be using dogs, just shooting over an e-call. I'm guessing 90% of the time shots will be within 50-75 yards but on the rare occasion I may try to go out 200+ yards from the e-call.

Have a friend who has been pretty focused on cats in ne Oregon for the last 10 years he likes the 65 v max over a pretty vanilla 243 load.
Not that it probably makes much of a difference but I'm curious if he's shooting them at close range (treed), or somewhere in the 50-200 yard range?

I always shoot heavy for caliber bullets so I have to fight my urge to use the 108 gr, etc. bullets for mountain lions. I'll check out the 65s

You might give these a look.
Hornady Bullets 243 Caliber, 6mm (243 Diameter) 80 Grain Full Metal Jacket
Cheers

Not that it probably makes much of a difference but I'm curious if he's shooting them at close range (treed), or somewhere in the 50-200 yard range?

I always shoot heavy for caliber bullets so I have to fight my urge to use the 108 gr, etc. bullets for mountain lions. I'll check out the 65s

I think the 243 with 65s was carried for if they came to a call, I'm not sure his call/tree ratio. All the stories told are of the up close and personal treed variety a lot of which were shot with a pistol.

That's one of the worst possible choices...
Slowing them down a little in my 6XC worked pretty well for Yote pelts, not saying it's a big cat stopper, it just seemed to work for me, through and through lung shots. Your experience with them? What happened? Cheers.

With FMJ's on yotes etc...bullets go thru and thru critter runs off. You try like heck to ever locate them and in the mean time the poor bugger suffers cause one choose a pee poor bullet for the job...that's been my experience.

A 55 NBT or similar will work very well, results will be a lightning quick kill, slight fur damage and the critter goes down and out right now!

With FMJ's on yotes etc...bullets go thru and thru critter runs off. You try like heck to ever locate them and in the mean time the poor bugger suffers cause one choose a pee poor bullet for the job...that's been my experience.

A 55 NBT or similar will work very well, results will be a lightning quick kill, slight fur damage and the critter goes down and out right now!
Thanks - I'll check these out.