Tough way to go out. Mountain lion attack

The problem is the states are so successful everything is very expensive there.
Yeah right. Here is AZ all the CA transients say that they could not wait to get out, and finished their sentence with we are not like the people the live in the place we left. No pun intended using the word Left. Or they say we lived in northern cal and loved it and the people but it is getting bad there also so we are getting out.. Kind of make you think.

Another. Amazing.

Another. Amazing.

That's crazy! Especially since so many people were near by and they were on bikes

That's crazy! Especially since so many people were near by and they were on bikes
Insane. They acted pretty good . It's always called strange and unusual when a lion attacks... I call it starving juveniles with no fear of humans. They've attacked people on bikes in Ca. a few times. It stimulates their attack response. I'm sure it was from behind.

Last edited:
Another. Amazing.

Poor cat, never had a chance jumpin in on 5 old cougars. :oops:

I found this pretty strange. I always thought mountain lions were solitary animals except for breeding season.
Of course I wouldn't know since I live in a eastern state that supposedly hasn't had a population of them for well over 50 years.

Taken in L.A. No, not California, Lower Alabama. Birddog 68's key word in quote is supposedly. You wouldn't believe what the state wildlife biologists told me when I sent the pic to them. Basically, they're denying it's a large cat. Probably because they don't want to alarm the public, and some redneck shoot it. After his reply, I sent second pic of the long tail swooping to the ground. No other reply from him….nothing! Which is more alarming, the cat population, or policies which have state officials lying?
Not the first cat I've seen. Nearly all at night. One at 11 a.m. at 110 yards through 9x optic. Cat turned and looked at me, and without crouching, leaped from the middle of the dirt road slam out of sight. 15' feet at the very least. Very impressive beast!

Attachments

• IMG_1257.jpeg
    IMG_1257.jpeg
    14.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I doubt it will change anything. Mountain lions haven't been hunted in CA since 1972...one attack 50+ years later won't change anything.
Living in a bubble, makes me want to put on my 'Facts not Feelings' tee shirt on.
According to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife their records show between 1986 and 2022 there were 22 mountain lion attacks in California with three fatalities. 11 of the attacks were children under the age of 10, none fatal, the attacks that proved fatal were against adults. see attached.

And these are JUST the 'verified' ones with physical injury or death. Really, how many people think about lions before they go on a hike. As a backpacker, i read stories all the time about how a backpack saved the hunter or hiker because the cat couldn't get to the neck. Not talking about a daypack here.
When you get a strange feeling and the hair stands up on your head and neck, heed the warning and look up! Unless it's a defensive attack, lions will almost always attack from above. And if they stalk you, I can promise you will never hear them.

I could show you the statistics that hanging out with the libtards and mt lions in California is safer than hanging out with the ******* in Texas but you are just going to say they are ******** anyways.
Now you shouldn't talk bad about Texans. My wife is from Texas.

I challenge you to go park in East St Louis, walk one mile and return. If you make it back, your vehicle won't be there! I'd much rather take a two mile walk in lion country.

I hate to say it, but it seems like things that used to be considered tinfoil hat stuff is coming true.
Especially in California, I wouldn't doubt it.

That's another reason I wish the states' election were more like the Fed, where the lower population areas have more say.
The way it is, the urban (Liberal) areas make laws that don't affect them but have a dire affect on the outstate areas.
Yes sir! We need to institute an electoral college type voting scheme at all levels... otherwise it's basically mob rule

Recent Posts