Tough way to go out. Mountain lion attack

I used to hunt in the high Sierra's of California back in the early 80's when I ran across an elderly man walking down a path with a couple of dogs. I stopped him to ask him a question, he was very ablyging as we greeted each other. I asked him, I've been hunting this areas for a couple of days and not seen any deer , not even a track. He grinned and said he used to guide hunts in these mountains for years, using dogs but since lawmakers put a mormorturium on mountain lions the deer heards have been depleted. And these cats have grown from 150 to over 200 lbs. I thanked him as he went on his way and I headed back to camp to call it quits.... some time later in years I heard of a California lawmaker out of Sacramento went on a lion hunt in Idaho where he scored a big cat and upon returning back home to California the word got out and the liberal mob wanted him fired from his position, which I can't remember he held. Not surprising even though he killed the cat legally in Idaho.. these libs have a mental condition that's incurable. Don't forget to vote early, a mind is a terrible thing gto waste.

I used to hunt in the high Sierra's of California back in the early 80's when I ran across an elderly man walking down a path with a couple of dogs. I stopped him to ask him a question, he was very ablyging as we greeted each other. I asked him, I've been hunting this areas for a couple of days and not seen any deer , not even a track. He grinned and said he used to guide hunts in these mountains for years, using dogs but since lawmakers put a mormorturium on mountain lions the deer heards have been depleted. And these cats have grown from 150 to over 200 lbs. I thanked him as he went on his way and I headed back to camp to call it quits.... some time later in years I heard of a California lawmaker out of Sacramento went on a lion hunt in Idaho where he scored a big cat and upon returning back home to California the word got out and the liberal mob wanted him fired from his position, which I can't remember he held. Not surprising even though he killed the cat legally in Idaho.. these libs have a mental condition that's incurable. Don't forget to vote early, a mind is a terrible thing gto waste.
It used to be legal to exchange your deer tag for a lion tag in Idaho and once I saw one pass the trail in front of me and I took a shot and the lion leaped about 6 ft in the air and continued on its way. I looked for a couple of hours but could find no blood or sign of a hit. Back in town, I told some of the locals of what I saw and they bought me a beer! Apparently, they wanted a few gone too.
I also heard that story of the Sac lawmaker!!

I thought it was twenty something attacks and six deaths. In any case a machete would be a good thing to carry if you don't carry a firearm. Or a good walking stick with a spear end.
A caution: a boar spear is necessary, with a stout crossmember. Cats will impale themselves on a standard spear, slide down and still get you before they die.

This was the caution of Sasha Semiel, the famous Brazilian tigrero. He and every man who there hunted jaguar with a spear used boar spears.

Last edited:
Suburban cats - these big cats can live among humans undetected for years in hidden locations such as abandoned structures and drift undetected among humans. At my former place of residence a big cat was seen periodically causing school lockdowns. A local landmark was called "Cougar Gulch" for a good reason. Wifey insists that I be armed whenever I leave house.
I was interested to learn that leopards live in many of Africa's and India's cities right along side people. Then I began to read of cougar sightings right here in my own home town in south central washington state. Seen in park areas near the river (these parks are only partially developed) and in trees in back yards. I've gone armed for years because I live on a walking-driving thoroughfare that brings all kinds in front of my home. Now I'm careful to scan our tree and roof line for cougar when stepping out into the yard. I imagine that, like black bears, they'll prefer to attack children, then women, due to size considerations. I'm a cat lover, loved our little Tabbie girl for 17 years before she died, and I can't help admiring the big cats. But having watched 8 lb Tabbie and her amazing physical feats, I have a pretty good idea of what a 75 to 180 lb predatory cat can do, and it's terrifying. In our urbanized, sit-in-the-office lifestyle, we have lost knowledge of how physically superior these animals are in comparison to people. You must watch your back, and for that reason it's always better to have a partner rather than soloing in the woods. I can't understand why anyone would go into the wilds unarmed. I have trouble understanding why people go unarmed in the city. I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding of how near to us violent death hovers. I'm reading "Fate is the Hunter", by Ernest Gann right now. His story is about commercial flying, not hunting, but his title is an apt warning, and his description of the experiential, almost superstitious preparation that pilots undergo, learning of the things that can but don't usually go wrong, is a lesson in life. Both woodsmen and townsmen might benefit from his approach to life.

The Gestapo is doing the same thing with TimberWolves❗️look at Colorado! All the Blue States with wolves don't allow hunting of them.
Minnesota is getting over run with wolves. Many are not hunting deer 🦌 anymore because there are NONE! Yes, it's total attempt to deplete a Food supply
...dems are trying to get them to vote....

When large predators are sick, injured, starving, territorial, or just surprised and attack that is one thing. But when they actively stalk and kill humans as prey/food, that adds a whole new twist to calling wildlife. I love to call game, I have called in and killed one Mt. lion. I tracked it into the thick brush with low/short distance visibility, and it is a different feeling than looking for a deer or elk. I was bowhunting years ago and a couple of Mt. lions crossed the road I was driving down. I grabbed my bow and a mouthcall the sun was going down in the canyon and the shadows and darkness creeping in. I hurried in the direction the cats had traveled looking for an opening in the brush big enough to set up in. The only open spot i found that might offer a shot was about 20 yards across. I sat up kneeling with my bow at the ready and started calling. I called until it was to dark to shoot and nothing came in but I will never forget the rush/feeling of turning your self into prey for a large predator in low light. I know the chances of a cat actually attacking the caller are very low but it is still a rush. 1 on 1
Jim Corbett, the famous big cat hunter, thought it foolish to be abroad after dark in cat country, even when well armed. Well versed in feline capabilites, he knew that they own the dark.

Hunting known maneaters would be so next level. Not that following up a wounded animal, or tracking a dangerous predator until it takes a stand, is not a Adrenalin filled undertaking. The cat in this case and the bear in AZ last year if not already, where on their way to becoming maneaters.

What annoys me the most is we kill more cats each year here than we did when hunting was allowed! Poor family and for the younger brother to witness that. The Coyotes are another major issue here, especially where I live. I have to ride my bike with my gun because of all the Mountain lions in Orange County, the 4 legged kind...

What annoys me the most is we kill more cats each year here than we did when hunting was allowed! Poor family and for the younger brother to witness that. The Coyotes are another major issue here, especially where I live. I have to ride my bike with my gun because of all the Mountain lions in Orange County, the 4 legged kind...
More lions and less deer. They run out of deer they come into the cities for dogs and cats , etc.. Little kids with dog and cat smell on them could be next. They even kill the bighorns because of so few deer. Like i said earlier. If a lion (if still in Ca.) Hurt my son or I, or God forbid kill my son I'd get the best lawyer I could and sue the state of Ca. for negligence and not managing lions. California with state trappers paid by your tax dollars kill probably 100 to 200 lions a year. I know first hand. Prop 117 was bs from the start. Mountain lion moratorium was only part of the bill. 32 years of not being hunted. Over populated and lost their fear of humans. I used to live near you in Oceanside for many years. Be careful out there and look behind you often. They usually attack from behind. I had a buddy bowhunting in hills in Orange County years ago. He was blowing on a predator call. He felt like something was behind him. He looked and a lion was about 10 yards from him crowched down. He stould up and waved his bow and yelled at it. It didnt move. He started throwing rocks at it. After a couple minutes it just turned and walked away. I have a bunch of lion stories but ill spare you. This post is long enough . Here's a link about your illustrus dictator.

Sounds like libtards are more dangerous than mt lions🤔
I could show you the statistics that hanging out with the libtards and mt lions in California is safer than hanging out with the ******* in Texas but you are just going to say they are ******** anyways.

I could show you the statistics that hanging out with the libtards and mt lions in California is safer than hanging out with the ******* in Texas but you are just going to say they are ******** anyways.
Just curious but why's there a lot of people fleeing these Dem States for Con ones ? Pretty sad when they tax you to leave. 😂

Not trying to challenge anyone's beliefs. People don't open their minds to take an unbiased look at how others with opposing views/opinions came to believe the thing they do. There is a lot of brainwashing and misinformation throughout our lives that shape our beliefs, and we will fight hard for these beliefs without ever considering the other sides view and how and why the believe what they do. Even a few words in a non related forum can fuel the fire of being challenged. Again not trying to challenge anyone's beliefs.