Total knee replacement

Gtrat!!! Glad you are doing well.

So did u get a "deuce" by smith and nephew or the bicompartmental by conformis??
Or did u get a uni with a patalla femoral
Just curious. Work hard man. U will be back on the mountain in no time.

To be honest can't remember what the doc told me after surgery but will get all the info at the follow up. Funny how Medication does that. Also may have spoke to soon about pain mgt. Had pt today, seem to be abit ahead of the curve but dang sore now.
Cheers!

had 2 week follow up visit and doc said it is a Persona and I thought he said it was a bicompartimantal with the patella femeral thing. Still not sure because we talked about all kinds of things. I will review the OP report and see what it says. Cant load pics.
115 Degree flex as of today at PT, still hurts quite a bit and nights are no fun. Doc said the pain of healing and dont push it too hard. Made full rotation on pedal bike without wetting myself so I guess Im headed the right direction.
Getting real tired of looking at the same walls in my house and figgured out that I can now drive so maybe I will be able to change my views a little more. Its about time for the home PT hour so off I go. I constantly have to remind myself its only 2-1/2 weeks post op....

Cheers

Update: 8 weeks out and back to work full time-with an occasional long lunch. Dr. and PT say I am doing great, I think I am behind and want to be better now! My wife keeps reminding me its a marathon not a sprint.
All i9n all I guess its going well, Still some pains and stiffness/soreness but to be expected. Finally sleeping thru the night and only taking a few advils once in a while.
Working hard on strength but the body will only allow so much at a time.
Still have a lot of popping and clunks when I walk-told that's normal but hope it goes away, Can I say I am glad I did it? Not quite yet but I am continually reassured that I will be and one day realize there is no more pain and life is Great again....waiting for that day.
....there have been a few challenges along the way but I guess I should listen to the Dr. and PT and not the voices in my head.....

Hope you all are doing fine as well.

MB

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts