Hunting pants with knee pads

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
We are going to be headed to TX on an aoudad hunt soon and it seems to be a good excuse to get some new hunting pants. I would like to get some with built in knee pads. In my searching it seems that Sitka is about the only thing out there. Is there anything else you guys would recommend looking at?

HEY STEVE, Find your self a pair of FILSON DOUBLE TIN CHAPS, That way you will be able slip those on if needed or slip them off if too hot.

T.P.

Last edited:
I know that kryptec does and

However I have no experience with either brand. I use UA gear.

I have a pair from kuiu that I absolutely love. I have pants from sitka, UA, kyptec and about anything else out there, and these fit and perform better than any of them. They aren't waterproof, but if I wear them in the rain, I stay pretty dry. They are silent when stalking, comfortable at most temps, and they move like your favorite grey sweat pants.

I have Sitka with slide in pad pretty good but mines mountain paint,winter type? I have Kuiu also built in comfy not as thick of pad.Fall weight pant.Also have the Fislon chap,zip on,They pretty portable and fold or roll if you want to take off.I use to where when wet bottom archery in MFork,or bad devils club-You can barrow them if you want

Thanks guys. Not sure about the chaps. I think I want just pants. The knee pad seems like a good idea. I'm getting old!

Just throwing it out as another option. 511 has pants that have or will allow knee pads in prices ranging from about $60 to $150.

Several different camo patterns and solid colors. May not be what you are looking for, but might also be perfect for the terrain & weather conditions that you may be hunting in.

I can at least vouch for these somewhat, as our work teams regularly do extended range days with a lot of up and down (quickly dropping to knees, etc.) and they hold up pretty dang well given the abuse we dish out. Just a thought for a possible different direction.

I have a pair of Pnuma Tenacity pants with removable pads. I've honestly never used them with the pads in, but have been real happy with them for hot weather hunts. I did a woodchuck tournament this summer in PA with them. Dawn to dusk, and they were very comfortable. Lightweight, ripstop, breathed and evaporated well.

Might look at Crye Precision. They are spendy but well made and been used in some of the harshest environments around the world.

Otherwise these are pretty handy...