Hunting pants with knee pads

I know that kryptec does and

However I have no experience with either brand. I use UA gear.
Too Sexy!
We are going to be headed to TX on an aoudad hunt soon and it seems to be a good excuse to get some new hunting pants. I would like to get some with built in knee pads. In my searching it seems that Sitka is about the only thing out there. Is there anything else you guys would recommend looking at?
Our government has access to the BEST gear-clothing in the world. These different types of clothing could also be used for hunting. I toured several manufactures for making "Packs" for special forces-Seals, Marines. They cost a small fortune for the tax payers. I would give most of my money if it was to protect Service Men & Women. BESIDE this post.
There are some really cool clothes -Pants, Jackets made for the Special Forces. Our Government won't issue to al the field soldiers.
Another thing is that Private Companies make "Hunting Clothing" that is GREAT and better that the Government issue. I know Marines/Seals that buy Civilian Market clothing for use in the field. They pay for it out of their pocket. Mostly the Army. Seals get the Cream of the Crop, but work around what they want.
I am off track. There are some GREAT Hunting Trousers with built-in-knee pads and extra pockets and good materials for being water resistant and breathability. What I hunted with in the late 60s and then in the Corps in the early 70s WOW.
Over 50 years ago and what we have now is astounding!
Check what the PRS shooters are using for gear. They are in competition for unbelievable conditions/positions shooting 300 yrds to 1,200.
USMC Scout/Sniper is different, but these gals & guys do a GREAT job of shooting PRS. Most use knee/elbow pads (I have several dozen), but the newest thing is built in "Knee Pads". These are very comfortable-IF FIT CORRECTLY. If you are running a stage you don't want you knee pads falling down to your ankles.
This relates to HUNTING. If you are in a rugged area and spot a trophy yonder and have to get in position fast, you kneel on a sharp rock and say "OUCH".
Youk now the rest of the story
Get good equipment
Get good clothing.
At my age if I have a distance to walk to a "Blind/Stand" and ther is a chace to shoot something. I wear pads. If I an hunting Coyotes and making different sets, knee/elbow pads. This goes the same for Hogs/Deer.

I like the Sitka knee pads better than Kuiu, but they are both good. The Sitkas are removeable and have a little more cushion, but you can wear the pants out easier. I got them to avoid those little cactus I always crawl on. Worked, the only place I didn't have spines stuck in me was my knees and my boots.

We are going to be headed to TX on an aoudad hunt soon and it seems to be a good excuse to get some new hunting pants. I would like to get some with built in knee pads. In my searching it seems that Sitka is about the only thing out there. Is there anything else you guys would recommend looking at?
I like the knee pads in the First Lite corrugate foundry pants. I live in TX. Just saying…

I usually hunt antelope in blue jeans unless its wet out. Always carry knee pads in my truck or bring on my wheeler. If I'm doing a stalk, I strap them on. Good to have, no downside with a decent pair of pads...

I'm with JP FROG. I wear the corrugate foundry pants. They're light and breathable and I think the knee pads are real nice in my opinion.

Most of the time Carhartt double knee canvas duck trousers are adequate for my needs. Not always. I've had the great displeasure of pulling "ear cactus" spines out of rock bruised knees on several memorable occasions that I'd rather forget. But, the trousers are highly functional, comfortable and last forever. They're a central item to my uniform of the day whether splitting wood, following my GSP's for sharptails, or climbing after elk.

I've been wearing the Sitka mountain and timberline pants. To me the mountain are a little lighter and my go to pants for archery season. The timberline are the ones I use during October for rifle elk hunts. Out of all the different pants I've tried I like these the best, but as with most gear we are all built different and will have different opinions. Good luck, have fun and be safe.

The Kuiu Pro are pretty abrasion resistant. If you are going into sharp stuff with any pant I would always recommend gaiters. I got wrecked by yucca too many times before I got smart, and now I always have them in the truck just in case I need them.

Last edited:
I think I might have to be smart on this one and go the local stores and try some on, before I spend $200 on a pair of pants.