Thoughts on a 27 prc

What do you think of chambering a rifle with the 7prc case and .270 bullet? 1-8 twist.
Should be a great wildcat to launch the Berger .270 170gr EOL. Effects on game of course will be about the same as a 7mm 175/180, but you'd have a unique cartridge. If that makes shooting fun for you, burn the Benjamins and get it. life's short. I went through my .270 phase with a .270 WSM. Used it on a few western hunts and enjoyed it.

I would say go far it.Bras will be available for the 7mm PRC soon from several different makers.I am waiting on my 27 Nosler as we speak.I went with a 7.5 twist Brux barrel.Good luck

I wasn't asking the question for approval, just wanted to know if anybody had done it yet and what kinda performance they were getting? I guess that's the pitfall for putting a question on a forum, you're gonna get it all....no matter if you asked for it or not? I enjoy reading people's responses and reasoning, just bothers me a bit when I get feedback telling me something else is better. Better for what? I didn't even say what I was going to use it for and yet they have something better? I think sometimes a few folks on the net think everything has to be ELK capable and all standards are for that purpose. I think the .277 is elk capable anyway😎
I am a big fan of the .277 as in 270. It is extremely accurate, at least out to 600 yards which is all the farther I have shot it. I think that the only reason that it isn't used in match shooting is a lack of match bullets. Really don't think they are necessary though, seems accurate enough with 140 gr hunting bullets. Seriously thinking of having a 6.8 Western barrel put on one of my Winchester 70's.

What do you think of chambering a rifle with the 7prc case and .270 bullet? 1-8 twist.
Might be fun...I wonder tho...have you thought of the new 6.8 Western? --shoots up to 175 gr .277 and really strong performer as 1000 hunting rifle. Short action, low recoil and muzzle blast--unless you put a muzzle brake. Very little MV lost with shorter barrels like 22" (2844 fps in mine), makes for a handy mountain rifle. I have a Fierce custom that weights 6. 1 lbs naked and 7.2 with optics. Its a fun new "off the wall" project.