Thoughts on a 375 rum

Weblake

I am looking at a Remington 700 BDL nice wood stock with blued action in the 375 rum. I was wondering what this gun would be worth and what are y'all's opinions on the ballistics of the round? It is in great shape nice wood stock with a 20moa rail and comes with a box of bullets. I just don't no anything about the 375 rum. Just wondering what y'all thought of it. Thanks Jaymie.

I suggest you share what your intended use of the firearm is. Hunting? Which game animals? What distances do you shoot? How often do you plan to shoot this rifle? How many shots per outing? If you're recoil sensitive you'll probably want to install a muzzle brake, because this gun will hurt off both ends.

The gun has a muzzle brake already. And I really want it just to have it. I have numerous guns that I never shoot. But if I were to go elk hunting at some point which I would really like to do, is this a good gun. I would never shoot one over 5-600 yards just because I rarely shoot to that distance. My farthes shot to date is on an antelope at 472 yards, and that was a tough shot fot me being as i hardly ever shoot a whitetail over 200. I pretty much want to know if it is a decent big bore, big game caliber or are there better calibers with way better balistics and the gun is 700$. Is that a fair price for a 375 rum in great condition. It is a factory Remington 700, no custom work or anything, just nice wood muzzle brake 20moa rail and a box of bullets.

As far as I can tell this is the most potent, readily available factory 375 round there is. The 375 H&H and the 375 Ruger may be a bit easier to find though in terms of ammo. Loaded right this round is capable to well past 1k on elk sized game so it will do what you mentioned no problem.

$700 sounds decent with the brake, rail and ammo all factored in.

I would go for it. Big enough to kill anything that walks this earth. Plus has good long range capabilities. I'm consider building one my self.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.