375 rum?

onebullet97

I was wanting to do a rifle build and was thinking of the 375 rum but it seems there's no factory ammo or brass available. Is this a dead caliber and if so, what else could I look at that's similar in energy?

It is the most efficient of the Rum family. It can be formed from the 300 RUM but not the 338 RUM due to case length being shorter in the 338. I too am in search for 375 brass, my plan is when I find some available to buy enough to last the barrel life.

I was wanting to do a rifle build and was thinking of the 375 rum but it seems there's no factory ammo or brass available. Is this a dead caliber and if so, what else could I look at that's similar in energy?

Take a look at this cartridge, The 375 PRO (Precision Rifled Ordnance) in this thread, http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/375-norma-127219/index7.html
It does everything the 375 RUM does and more, built on the same Rem 700 action and seriously accurate for a 375 thumper, 338 Norma Mag brass is easier to get than 375 RUM and is better quality, the Norma made brass is excellent for necking up and down, I have it necked down to 6.5mm and up to .500" with no case losses yet,

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.