6.5 prc ackley improved thoughts

Do you honestly think then that the consisteny will be there.
I didn't say consistency, that was the other guy. Factory ammo sucks across the board, which is why I avoid it at every opportunity.

I said that the legacy SAAMI spec is holding the cartridge back from evolving because it has stay be backwards compatible. It's the simple fact of the matter the SAAMI spec precludes the use of certain bullet dimensions in the 300 WM design that the 300 PRC is capable of fitting in it's SAAMI specified dimensions, and to my knowledge there's no way to update a spec that's been in service for decades - it gets tweaked and it gets a new name and people go insane over how the new is no better than the old even though it's essentially Version 1.1 of what already exists. That's all, trash ammo is made for every caliber out there, the Hornady ammo example was to show that certain bullets simply aren't offered in certain chamberings in a given caliber - for a multitude of reasons, but fit and backwards compatibility is part of it. They aren't going to stuff in a heavier bullet that's marginal for the standard twist rate and runs too slow from the muzzle.

A day will come when the 300 PRC can't run a future hypothetical bullet because of changes in bullet dimensions, or twist, or propellent, something like that - that day has already come for the 300 WM. It came for the 300 RUM the day it hit the shelves 🤣

If you're a handloader or a wildcatter that day has come for the PRCs already. There's no way to run a 240gn CE Lazer out of any factory barrel I'm aware of because the 6 twist requirement, even though the 300 PRC has the oomph to move it.

Handloaders and reamer makers continue to keep the 300WM updated, there's nothing wrong with the overall cartridge for guys who have the knowledge and skill to make it work. It's hamstrung not by being able to be updated because of 60 years worth of rifles being in the wild.

Who has a 6.5 prc and thought about having it ackley improved? My thoughts on it get a little more squeeze out of it but biggest benefit I think is the brass not stretching as much so no more case trimming and better case life. What is other peoples thoughts does ackley improved cases have feeding issues?
Improving the 6.5 prc will get about a 1 grain h20 increase if its anything like the 30 sm (300prc improved) that I owned. In that case I gained 50 fps and didn't feel the custom dies and fireforming was worth it.

I guarantee you a 40 degree shoulder on a 6.5 prc is not gaining you 146 fps without significantly more pressure.
If the benefit of less trimming with a moderate velocity increase is important to you then go for it, but don't do it for speed

The PRC/SI will also get rid of the clicker problem and you can shoot factory ammo VERY accurately and then reload if you want to.
Win, Win IMO!
Which factory ammo did you test with the 6.5 PRC/SI that showed good accuracy (1/2" 5 shot, 3/4" 10> shot groups)? What twist barrel did you use? I ask this because I have a used 6.5 PRC in a short action TL3 on the way that is arriving tomorrow with a Proof 7.5 twist 24" carbon fiber barrel with a 2 1/2" shank. I don't own any dies for it yet so I can go in any direction. Have thought about the 6.5 SS or SST to be able to reach the lands in a short action but the PRC/SI is also interesting but probably doesn't get me closer to the lands or have the velocity gains of the ss and sst. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Well it doesn't fit into a short action and a medium action would be preferred and most will end up with a long action for some reason or another! You might as well neck down a 7prc or a 300prc. OR forget the prc and do a wsm improved or not for those extra fps without more barrel length. What's the improved shoulder angle? I might of missed that?

Which factory ammo did you test with the 6.5 PRC/SI that showed good accuracy (1/2" 5 shot, 3/4" 10> shot groups)? What twist barrel did you use? I ask this because I have a used 6.5 PRC in a short action TL3 on the way that is arriving tomorrow with a Proof 7.5 twist 24" carbon fiber barrel with a 2 1/2" shank. I don't own any dies for it yet so I can go in any direction. Have thought about the 6.5 SS or SST to be able to reach the lands in a short action but the PRC/SI is also interesting but probably doesn't get me closer to the lands or have the velocity gains of the ss and sst. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
It was independently tested and didn't actually use factory ammo but fire forming with various loads shot extremely well. With that, we deduced that it would shoot factory ammo very well because we loaded it at factory length. The 30 SM shoots factory ammo very well also.
The tests were run in a SA at magazine length for a fair comparison with the std prc and gained from 70 to 170 feet depending on powder and bullet combo. Im sure a medium length would be better, just as the prc is, but thats how we tested. I have some reamer sets and custom sizers in stock and Hornady dies coming in a couple months likely

The 6.5 PRC case is optimized for everything I want already. anything else would be just a very minor tweak for something a person wanted to slightly swing, that really wouldn't matter much at all. Not enough for me to want to deal with the extra's that come with a modified case.