This is CRAZY...

This conversation is not as fun as shooting. I'm going to the gym so that when everything thaws out (the temperature, the prices, the supply) I can go shooting and be in good shape. Or, at least I'll be in good shape for whatever happens next in Post-Apocalyptic America :eek:

There is no such thing as gouging. Not if you believe in individual liberty and individual responsibility.

Very rarely is anyone forced to buy something. We are not entitled to what someone else has, at a price of our choosing. They set the prices. We decide to buy, or not. What kind of person makes the decision to purchase something, and then gets mad at the seller who provided the item at a price the buyer agreed to pay?

If there is a singular behavior that illustrates one of the core problems with people in this country... it's that right there.

Considering berger is now a Nammo owned company, and nammo is headquartered where the Euro is the currency, and the dollar has lost at least 12% of value on the Euro... it would make sense that they are looking to protect their profit margins and will raise prices just like every other domestic and international entity will do this year.
Great attitude! Not to burst your bubble but apply your logic to yourself when your old and in need of some medication that costs over 10k a month.

but as you said you don't have to buy it. Yes

Water is a necessity to live.
Indeed it is. Though no one is required to provide it for us. We aren't entitled to it. If someone has it, and we do not, we are not justified in the taking of it.

Individual liberty is essential, no matter the consequences to our physical form.

Yet as has been previously pointed out. Reloading supplies are not as necessary as water is. (Though I speak for myself when I say, it can feel as if it is!) ;)

@joed I have already been in the position you describe earlier in my life. Certain death awaited me if not for the charity of others. I'm thankful for the help if it arrives, though I'm not entitled to it. If I am faced with the decision to force my demands upon others, or die. I hope I will have the fortitude to die with my spirit intact. The situation you describe can make demons of men, and I will happily leave this cursed place before I attempt to steal another persons freedom to choose.

Those that have faced death, know there are worse things than death. One of those things is losing all of your humanity in an evil pursuit to remain alive.

Is death really that bad of a deal when compared to the pain and persecution righteous men face on this earth? I'll try to remain here, as I'm commanded to perform good works... but the day I'm taken, it will be a gift. "The great reward," as it is said.

Last edited:
Got a local guy that wanted $99 a thousand for primers 4-5 mths ago. Now I hear he ll only sell primers and bullets together... 1 for 1. This shop is notorious for gouging all the time and twice as bad when he's got you in a hard spot. He preys on folks who haven't planned ahead. Sad.

Needless to say I don't support him regardless of the times... but he stays in business by taking advantage of folks.
Sounds like a pawn shop!

Last edited by a moderator:
Primers should be $20/k...
Once you get your primer manufacturing facility online, I would like to purchase a case of 5,000 large rifle magnum and 5,000 small rifle magnum for testing. If the results from those tests are satisfactory, I'll give you an order for 500,000 primers (250,000 of each size) at the price you just quoted. I'm certain I could bring some of my industry contacts to secure ongoing production as well.

Please call me as soon as you are online and I'll get that initial order in immediately.

Our gun club has 130 flats of shotshells on backorder. Haven't gotten any primers or powder in 2-3 months. No shot either.
We can still get wads and targets. Lots of good they do if you've no ammo to shoot at them. We have 9 more sporting clays tournaments scheduled. Hope they bring their own ammo! We've cancelled the CMP rifle matches for the rest of the year. Nobody can get components to load.
Hope things turn around sometime soon. Club can't make money to continue operating like this!
This👆
I have bought a great many things from gun broker sellers and check for certain items 3-5x a week and can not believe the prices of some items.
Last two HG's I bought there in the last few months were both at very good prices last most recent one, I had some delay of delivery issues with the seller and I was certain he was going to cancel the sale but he didn't.
BUT he had the same exact HG FS the very next day for $200 more than I paid which amounts to a 37% increase in price in less than 24hrs.
EVERY day I thank God I had bought what i bought when I bought it.
My friends who shoot a a lot most now admit the wished they had listened to me when I said stock up and stock up BIG TIME over the last 5-6 years and NO BS literally none did.
If I told them once I told them 10x.

Like to add over the summer I accidently bought NATO 7.62 LRG RFL primers and promptly tried to sell them on line but locally F2F PU only with no luck for a long time. Now I am getting constant PM's at that site with people wanting to buy them even long after I eliminated the add, but as I have several calibers that use LG/RFL non mag primers I am going to keep them.
guess you no how Noah felt after building that arc when the rain started? Lol

I'm doing this wrong? I'v got primers at $1/primer, $100/100, $800/1000 flat rate, local pickup only :cool:

OUT OF CONTROL!!!
Going on Safari ain't cheap!
Jasonco; this is what happens when we as Americans drop our guard down on our elected officials or I should say wrongly voted into office.Its starts out local,state and gradually works its way up in goverment and then one day we see things like this happen and wonder what happened. {Freedom is just one generation away) Stay Alert Fellows! guess that's my 2 cents worth to put towards primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.