Crazy is going away?

Nothing around here on reloading,some bullets.Was ammo 9mm,22,saw some 300RUM,338 LA,suprised me.They havent had a primer in 6 months

The big problem I see is that seemingly every bulletmaker is making only 22, 6.5 and 30 cal projectiles with a few 6mm, 7mm and 338 heavy target bullets. It would be nice if someone could actually make some hunting bullets or something not designed to shoot 1000 yards.

Last edited:
The big problem I see is that seemingly every bulletmaker is making only 22, 6.5 and 30 cal projectiles with a few 6mm, 7mm and 338 heavy target bullets. It would be nice if someone could actually make some hunting bullets or something not designed to shoot 1000 yards.
I just don't get the confusion about a target bullet not being able to kill anything but a piece of paper.....just another Urban Myth! And if you doubt me....feel free to go stand out anywhere from 10-500 yards and have a buddy shoot at you!

Y'all should see the price of powder and primers (if you can find em) here in Australia. I paid A$122 for 1kg (#2) of AR2208 (Varget) the other day, and that was cheaper than a lot of places. Primers are going for well over A$100/1000 when you can get them. We are also having some major supply issues here too. Two of our main transport companies have ceased shipping powder and primers and ADI, our only powder manufacturer, has been having some major production issues, mostly with pistol and shotgun powders. Some of the less popular rifle powders are in limited supply also. Not a happy time for reloaders.

Unnamed sources are telling me 18 more months before any chance of returning to somewhat normal supply. Pricing is another story altogether.

I just don't get the confusion about a target bullet not being able to kill anything but a piece of paper.....just another Urban Myth! And if you doubt me....feel free to go stand out anywhere from 10-500 yards and have a buddy shoot at you!
Who was talking about target bullets killing anything, I mean besides you? I'm not interested in going down your rabbit hole.

I simply want some 110 grain 257 projectiles. Accubonds, Tipped Gamekings, ELD-X, even Interbonds so I can mess around with my quarterbores. I was fortunate to run into some NOS 115 NBTs a few weeks ago and I still have some 100s left.

Unnamed sources are telling me 18 more months before any chance of returning to somewhat normal supply. Pricing is another story altogether.
I'm good then. I have twice that on hand. Paid some higher prices, especially for primers, but nothing stupid. If it gets much worse I'll sell everything and make out like a bandit.

Yeah, getting better. Is funny though, the small local gun shops have way more supplies and stock than bigger box stored like sportmans and cabelas. I would guess they would have more purchasing power, but obviously they are not as concerned about chasing supplies because they sell a lot of other things.
Yeah in talking to a LGS owner, he said their reps are all about kick backs. So if you find a store that has good supply he said there is a **** good chance they ponied up a rifle or game tickets etc to be at the top of the list.

I have one in my town that has gotten magnum rifle primers TWICE!! And they had small rifle bricks a week or so ago. But their price was not going down. $120/1000😬

Yeah, availability is much better, but price increases are likely permanent at this point. I'm seeing about $80/1000 primers as the best price locally. Powder is all up 50-75%.