This is CRAZY...

This conversation is not as fun as shooting. I'm going to the gym so that when everything thaws out (the temperature, the prices, the supply) I can go shooting and be in good shape. Or, at least I'll be in good shape for whatever happens next in Post-Apocalyptic America :eek:

After months of shut down the gum was opened. When the gym was closed I could bench press 217. Now I'm down to 165. At 76 years old and 165 pounds I doubt I will ever get back to that kind of strength. Having a light rifle becomes even more important. Since I have powder and primers and use Hammer Bullets I can load all I want.

There is no such thing as gouging. Not if you believe in individual liberty and individual responsibility.

Very rarely is anyone forced to buy something. We are not entitled to what someone else has, at a price of our choosing. They set the prices. We decide to buy, or not. What kind of person makes the decision to purchase something, and then gets mad at the seller who provided the item at a price the buyer agreed to pay?

If there is a singular behavior that illustrates one of the core problems with people in this country... it's that right there.

Considering berger is now a Nammo owned company, and nammo is headquartered where the Euro is the currency, and the dollar has lost at least 12% of value on the Euro... it would make sense that they are looking to protect their profit margins and will raise prices just like every other domestic and international entity will do this year.
It's called the free market. Supply vs. demand.

In the last few weeks I've given away roughly 12K primers and 25# of powder to those who needed it. Most were ppl getting into reloading without knowing the dire straights we were in. I didn't want them to lose heart and give up due to the current situation. Hopefully, some of them will make it through this and remember the opportunity given to them and help someone else out in the future.

I've got a bunch of ammo and enough reloading supplies to last a few years. I'm just thankful I'm able to help my fellow hunters and shooters in this time of need. Im sure I'll need help to someday hopefully what I'm doing know pays off.

Sorry I'm in Hawaii or I'd help a bunch of you with powders and primers. I hope those of you who need can find some some during this tough times!

I have been very fortunate in getting reloading supplies. My favorite gunshop (50 miles away from where I live) has powder (not as much as normal) and gets primers in on a semi regular basis. To make it fair for everyone, they limit primers to only 200 at a time and only 1 pound of powder. They are making sure to help everyone as much as possible and there prices on primers just went up due to supply to an outrageous 5.50! Can you believe the brazen audacity of charging such an amount? (Big smile on my face.) Powder is up to 29-32 dollars a pound. These guys are old time gun shop people and they always have folks in the shop. Treat people right and they will remember. Be well all!
Where's this magical fair LGS of yours? Frankly, they sound like a bunch of guys I'd like to support (as a fellow Michigander).
I was going to get into reloading, but I think that's going to wait until this is all over

I just wanted to say Thank You for doing that. I have been reloading for over 60 years and never saw it this bad. I have read all the opinions/theories on causes but it does not seem to be improving. I recall the great primer shortage some years ago when one of the plants blew up. I went to my local reloading supply outlet and asked for some primers. The guy laughed in my face!
Was travelling out of town on vacation and stopped in a little gun shop and managed to buy enough to get by.
History repeating itself.

They should be though. It's their company and their products. Don't buy, they are either forced to lower prices or they go under. If they go under that frees up inventory to companies who won't have outrageous prices. The only people who win are those who don't buy from CTD. I thought this was america where we all hate additional rules and regulations. Why should politicians be involved in a private company's prices?

I wonder on gunbroker that real people are paying their prices
Some are. Like me. It's what happens when you decide to start reloading at the worst possible time. Foolish me, but never the less I started buying large and small rifle primers in early December 2020 at the only place I could find primers. Yep...GB. Arbitrarily decided 15 to 18 cents each was plenty of profit for the sellers and have bought enough to get started. I was lucky to purchase some powder from regular retailers. Loading for .204Ruger, 22-250, .223 Rem, 6CM, 6.5CM, and 300 AAC. So it's been no small investment.

In the last few weeks I've given away roughly 12K primers and 25# of powder to those who needed it. Most were ppl getting into reloading without knowing the dire straights we were in. I didn't want them to lose heart and give up due to the current situation. Hopefully, some of them will make it through this and remember the opportunity given to them and help someone else out in the future.

I've got a bunch of ammo and enough reloading supplies to last a few years. I'm just thankful I'm able to help my fellow hunters and shooters in this time of need. Im sure I'll need help to someday hopefully what I'm doing know pays off.

Sorry I'm in Hawaii or I'd help a bunch of you with powders and primers. I hope those of you who need can find some some during this tough times!
Awesome!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts