Thinking of jumping on the 6.5 bandwagon

Here is a copy of the concept document.....Rich
DSCF1254.jpg

That's exciting! Very happy for you Rich!

Thank You! I am happy for all the guys have have built the SS and all those who will follow and be able to reap the benefits with future builds.
NEWSFLASH! There is a rumor that sometime in the next few months there may be an article coming out in a couple of popular hunting magazines, on the SS cartridge. This was the final confirmation for me to go ahead with the brass manufacturing. Again though, the deal is not signed until the quote comes thru and is accepted......Rich

Thank You! I am happy for all the guys have have built the SS and all those who will follow and be able to reap the benefits with future builds.
NEWSFLASH! There is a rumor that sometime in the next few months there may be an article coming out in a couple of popular hunting magazines, on the SS cartridge. This was the final confirmation for me to go ahead with the brass manufacturing. Again though, the deal is not signed until the quote comes thru and is accepted......Rich

Freaking awesome! It may be time to get off the fence and just get one built.

Awesome news bud!!! I think with the addition of the SS factory brass offering, that should really boost the popularity of the cartridges. I know it will for me.

I was just at the gun shop looking at SPS donors while I was picking up some 6.5 Grendel ammo, and other odd-n-end stuff... Found a few, but will have to save up more. :D

Any idea who will be making the brass?

It is Quality cartridge. We got some of their 270 Gibbs brass and fire formed it into 6.5 Sherman. It took quite a beating before it gave up primer pockets. Some 140 gr. loads exceeded 3300'. The SS brass (which is .550" Jeffrey size) should be even stronger. Pete at quality tells me that in his experience, it is stronger than Norma. If that is true, I think we are in great shape. I have some reformed Norma brass that I have fired a dozen times, with no wimpy loads, and it is still good.
One of the guys who built one of the early 6.5 Shermans told me that he got 6-7 firings out of the Gibbs (Quality) cases that were running 3250-3300+. This is 100-150' above where I normally shoot the 140's, so I expect pretty good case life.....Rich

The Sherman Short or any other cartridge larger that the 300WM case head diameter can't be done on the Encore platform safely.

T/C doesn't offer any barrels for those rounds like the SAUM or WSM rounds because it's too much back thrust on the Encore frame. Thus, the safe limit is the belted mag case.

There was one aftermarket barrel maker for the Encore that at one time offered barrels in the WSM and SAUM cartridges. Some time later, they recalled all those barrels in those chamberings.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts