The Time I was Gonna Kill a Deer with a Knife!

Ever see the video of the guy that put "Buck Lure Doe Scent" on himself? This couple had a really nice buck that was almost tame on their property. The guy walked over to the buck. BUCK ATTACKED him and the wife kept video recording. The buck beat the hell out of him with his hooves and tried to mount him. All this while the wife just kept recording while her husband was screaming blood murder with this 200 LB Buck in RUT beating the hell out of him. After the buck stopped the man was taken to the hospital in critical condition. Almost died and ended up disfigured.
Yeah man, I SEEN that! LOL

Had I encountered that at that age, there is a high possibility I may have tried it. Hell I rode bulls at that age why not a deer!? But that's all speculation. Seeing as how I'm all edu-ma-cated now that I'm older............................... I can't even finish that sentence 🤣😂

In the late 70's five of us coworkers went deer hunting here in Az. Three went north to a water and another and I went west to another water. One of the three was a mountain of a man. We called him "No-cuff Johnson" at the Sheriffs Office. No one ever got away from those huge hands, so why use cuffs. According to the two who were with him, Johnson shot a buck hitting it in the head. It went down like a sack of rocks. They walk up to it as Johnson drew his knife to bleed it and as he grabbed the antlers it came to life just as he cut the jugular. Johnson held it down till it bled out. Wouldn't have believed the story, but the other two vouched it being the truth. They were stone sober too!

jump on the deer and go to drive the killing stab and it squirrels around and I stab myself
In my 20s I encountered a man....yes a man...crying on the side of the road because he hit a deer. (It does bother me when critters suffer don't get me wrong)It was a yearling and it was in misery. I had no weapon but a knife on a Leatherman. So I instructed the upset guy to roll on and I'd take care of it.

I figured a quick plunge of the blade and a slashing motion would do it. I didn't get to the slashing part because the stabbing part turned him from poor little Bambi too chuck Norris. He proceeded to kick my *** real quick for me and gashed myself with the blade. Of course Biden woulda recommended me stabbing him the knee or something but I learned big hollow points is how ya dispatch deer. Or forget it.

There are some hunters that use dogs to chase down wild pigs and catch them. The dogs will actually hold the pig long enough for someone to slowly walk up to the pig and stab it through the heart.

There is a story in South Texas of the guy ( if I recall correctly it was an Aggie, but I am a T sip so thats what I would remember even if it wasnt true) that got drunk and decided to jump on the back of a Javalina and kill it with a knife. Bad idea, he recovered in the hospital with badly sliced up legs from the tusks.

I was on a doe reduction state park sponsored hunt. $5 a doe. Kill as many as you could. We certainly did. Like 3-4 a day for a few days. I donated a lot to the food pantries. I just love shooting critters, so sue me. Anyway, this was all spot & stalk hunting. So, I was stalking one day and came across a sleeping doe. I froze from 5-7yds out. I was thinking, what? So, my eclectic mind starts thinking. Man, wouldn't that be a story to tell for the rest of my life if I killed a deer with a knife. (Still kinda wished I'd tried) So, I was running scenarios. Looking at those hooves, and imagining what it would do when I spider monkeyed on top of it. Here are the scenarios I imagined:

I jump on the deer and go to drive the killing stab and it squirrels around and I stab myself in the leg/femoral artery and die.
I jump on the deer and before I can deliver the knife stab, it rolls out and kicks me in the face with those hooves.
I jump on the deer, it takes me for a ride through the woods and I just have that story.

Well, I just couldn't take that risk and I blasted it dead with my Ithaca deer slayer.

That is all, carry on.
I jumped on a wounded 8 point whitetail in my younger dumber days. It was after dark and we were trailing a deer another member had shot. Found it laying on its belly looking around. My friend convinced me to jump on its back and hold on to the horns and he would stab it. Well I did and surprise, the buck was able to kick me within hind legs. Kicked me in the shoulder so I ducked my head down while he continued to kick me in back and shoulder. I'm yelling to my friend to stab him buy he was afraid to get any closer so threw the knife on the ground beside us. I was able to get it, started to cut his throat and my yelled not to because the guy might want to mount the deer. So I tried to put it in his heart, evidently got lucky and deer quit kicking. Was lucky just got tore up jacket and bruised shoulder and some cuts from his hooves. Never did that again.